🎆✨KK:H v13.1 Update - Wedding Season!🎆✨

Comments

• deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts

Ok so wdym not dressing up as a black rap artist? Even if they're wearing a simple tracksuit is not ok? This is confusing 
    As long as you’re not painting your face black/brown, or wearing a black hairstyle you should be fine. I’ve seen some nonblack people dress up as drake and still be respectful by not darkening their skin. Same as cosplay, anyone should be able to dress up as their favorite anime character as long as they arent changing their skin tone, or trying to make their eyes look asian or wear any traditional garb.
  • Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    deliqhted said:

Ok so wdym not dressing up as a black rap artist? Even if they're wearing a simple tracksuit is not ok? This is confusing 
    As long as you’re not painting your face black/brown, or wearing a black hairstyle you should be fine. I’ve seen some nonblack people dress up as drake and still be respectful by not darkening their skin. Same as cosplay, anyone should be able to dress up as their favorite anime character as long as they arent changing their skin tone, or trying to make their eyes look asian or wear any traditional garb.
    I was thinking don't dress up like lil Wayne when I made my comment, @JeffreeStar but I probably thought it because of his hair, grill etc. Not really a tracksuit. But this is something I'd defer to the opinion of other people in community about 
  • deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    @Reina12 yeah there’s some people that would be hard to dress up as without adopting their features such as those, so i would say avoid dressing as celebs where you’d have to use those
  • VidhiVidhi Registered Users, Member 195 Posts
    So.. it would be ok for me to wear the sari? I’m so confused 😭
    As an Indian I do not see any issues with any person of any color, culture, gender ( in our culture many transgender, gay wear a Sari. Some people might have different opinion but I am okay). As everyone mentioned just don’t wear it on a Halloween, alien or in any disrespect event and we are fine. 
    As everyone mentioned we love to see people admiring our culture. 
    So please wear Sari if you want and lets all celebrate and respect every culture here 🎉🎉
  • VidhiVidhi Registered Users, Member 195 Posts
    So excited for Sari in game ❤️❤️❤️

Would love to have different styles from cultures all around the world in the game❤️❤️
  • daniekkhdaniekkh Registered Users, Member 329 Posts

thought you answered yourself a couple days ago
    iOS daily player since April 2020
    English is not my first language 🇵🇪
  • JeffreeStarJeffreeStar Registered Users, Member 555 Posts
    @deliqhted , @Reina12 thanks ,darlings! Now it makes sense. 

Ok so this is what I think I needed. I heard of blackface, I think I've got some info, but I didn't even think this still exists... 🥲 Also don't apologize, it wasn't too long, again, I needed someone to explain to me everything! 
    I'm so thankful you answered my questions, I was a bit nervous before asking, I don't want to seem like I'm stupid or ignorant towards others' races and ethnicities. 
  • Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    @deliqhted , @Reina12 thanks ,darlings! Now it makes sense. 

Ok so this is what I think I needed. I heard of blackface, I think I've got some info, but I didn't even think this still exists... 🥲 Also don't apologize, it wasn't too long, again, I needed someone to explain to me everything! 
    I'm so thankful you answered my questions, I was a bit nervous before asking, I don't want to seem like I'm stupid or ignorant towards others' races and ethnicities. 

@JeffreeStar I also pmed you :) didn't want to spam on here too much!
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    @daniekkh i said that because of someone on the forum saying that they created different dolls for sys, and that because it’s a game, they don’t necessarily have to create their doll as them. I asked if I could wear the sari because I’m playing as myself, and there isn’t no harm in asking. That’s all. Yes It’s just a game, but I still want to be respectful and ask. 💜
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • kkh_nastyakkh_nastya Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    edited August 2022
    Please add back past SYS get in update 13.2 version 
  • daniekkhdaniekkh Registered Users, Member 329 Posts
    @daniekkh i said that because of someone on the forum saying that they created different dolls for sys, and that because it’s a game, they don’t necessarily have to create their doll as them. I asked if I could wear the sari because I’m playing as myself, and there isn’t no harm in asking. That’s all. Yes It’s just a game, but I still want to be respectful and ask. 💜
    ok so according to this logic: it’s ok to appropriate cultures as long as you’re not playing as yourself BUT it’s disrespectful when you do play as yourself? make it make sense
    I think that if at least one person is telling you it is offensive and not ok, then it should be enough for you to not wear the items that are supposed to represent them.. and someone already told you it was cultural appropriation imo I don’t see how can that be confusing
    iOS daily player since April 2020
    English is not my first language 🇵🇪
    @daniekkh the items haven’t come out yet, I was just asking a question. I said it was confusing because others are saying it’s ok. I also don’t understand how it’s wrong for others to create other dolls of different races with the appropriate clothing/items, because it’s just like dressing up an npc. But I’m done saying anything about this. I don’t want to cause a problem on here just because I asked a question and said something before. I won’t be wearing the Sari when it gets released, although others said it would be fine. I’m sorry. 💜
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
  • luna54luna54 Registered Users, Member 192 Posts
    daniekkh said:

thought you answered yourself a couple days ago
    Honestly it’s giving ✨ virtue signalling ✨ 
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    It makes sense it was explained above. Cultural appropriation vs Cultural appreciation 
    LAdoll24 said:
     What is the need to be so cocky and nasty to someone who us genuinely trying to understand something?
    Ahhhhh… is it though? Google is free 🥰
  • JeffreeStarJeffreeStar Registered Users, Member 555 Posts
    @luna54 I think it's more useful to ask someone in chat or in a forum sometimes than use Google. You know there is a lot of misinformation spread to confuse people on purpose 🤔
    Sure is 
    Virtue signaling is what you are doing caring what a stranger does in their game
    Get off the game and in the community if you are so damn offended
    edited August 2022
    @luna54 you’re right, Google is free. But there’s no harm in asking a community of people who play the game on the forum a question. Because if I were to have worn the sari, without asking first, it would’ve been a problem, and I didn’t want that so I just wanted to ask if it was ok. There’s no need to argue about something I asked or said. I don’t understand why the forum always acts in some type of way every time something happens. 
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    LAdoll24 said:
    Get off the game and in the community if you are so damn offended
    Lol I’m not offended at all. But someone said earlier they’d literally answered their own question, and it’s just like, asking questions for the sake of it at this point for morality points. Idk weird to me :) 
    don’t care if someone plays as a different race but is utterly mortified at their doll wearing a sari, make it make sense 🥰
    All I am saying is, not directly pointed at anyone in particular, is that if you were out and realized the real dangers in communities no one would be caring about a total stranger and what they might do in their game. Any real difference is made in real life.

Can't we just come here and enjoy the game?

LAdoll24 said:
    All I am saying is, not directly pointed at anyone in particular, is that if you were out and realized the real dangers in communities no one would be caring about a total stranger and what they might do in their game. Any real difference is made in real life.

Can't we just come here and enjoy the game
    Honestly now there’s no spoilers I’m just fully here for the drama x
    😂I hear you, the forum is pretty much dead unless there is some sort of drama. Not getting spoilers sucks but not surprising.
  • pizzagurlyumpizzagurlyum Registered Users, Member 670 Posts
    Most of kalinda's spoilers didn't appear in this update 🤔
    edited August 2022
    @pizzagurlyum we still have vip this weekend and sys and most of the time the outfits kalinda shares are sometimes a part of the next update. 
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
  • sashaactivesashaactive Registered Users, Member 255 Posts
    edited August 2022
  • IridescenceIridescence Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    I don't know what's the big deal. It's totally fine to ask if there is confusion whether to google or ask the person of the culture him/herself is fine either way. If she is asking she is definitely giving respect and want to know more otherwise she can wear whatever she want in the game and nobody will know about it. If someone wants to understand someone's culture, I think we should help them understand our culture better and asking the person directly rather than googling it in my opinion is a more thoughtful and less confusing method. @KkhAngelica I'm sorry you won't wear sari in the game but you really showed what respect looks like in real life.
  • AmyaKKHAmyaKKH Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    LAdoll24 said:
     What is the need to be so cocky and nasty to someone who us genuinely trying to understand something?
    This. It says a lot about the forum users who immediately resort to anger when people bring up culture/race concerns.  Side eyeing all of these unnecessarily rude ppl…
    IOS Player
    #WeekendEventsPlsComeHomeTheKidsMissYou
  • pizzagurlyumpizzagurlyum Registered Users, Member 670 Posts
    @pizzagurlyum we still have vip this weekend and sys and most of the time the outfits kalinda shares are sometimes a part of the next update. 
    Oh ok 🥺 now I know what and when to expect to see some of the clothes 🙂