Seasons

Comments

• brenhinbrenhin Registered Users, Member 429 Posts

We had the same sentiment during the diamond box thing where people said "we can't change anything, it's all Glu" yet Glu listened real quick when everyone closed their pockets. I didn't pin all the blame on them, I said they're supporting and helping Glu, which is facts whether you agree with me on other things or not. 

"Just because you don't like the new features" 
    It's not an only me problem tho. How can you say it's only me when there are people voicing their disappointment and those comments have hundreds of upvotes and only handful of downvotes (if any). So yeah, if someone says "I hate the changes" and there's 150 agree reactions, it's considered a collective opinion, at least a collective opinion of this forum. 

I see your point about them purchasing it being none of my business, but if they post about it, they kinda invite reactions, no? They can buy whatever they want and people can comment positively or negatively. 
    Collectively means as a whole so when you say collectively you’re insinuating that everyone on the forum doesn’t like the new features. Which is not the case. Just because there may be a majority doesn’t mean that you can shame people for supporting a feature you don’t like. I’m sure if everyone on the forum didn’t spend money on the Access Pass those who are not on the forum that play are probably a much higher amount and would likely go for the Access Pass.

It’s hypocritical because whether you spend money on the game or not you’re still lining the pockets of Glu/EA. When you watch your videos you’re supporting interaction with companies that pay towards having their adverts in game. You just even logging in/updating adds to the interaction. If you don’t like the game or features or new things then stop playing. That’ll impact the game. It seems like the game irritates you more than you enjoy it.
    🏳️‍🌈daily IOS player🏳️‍🌈
    🌈discord/insta/forum🌈

• Amberspa101Amberspa101 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Just as I thought, big fomo happening! All the actual nice clothes are now basically p2p and as a free player its unfair. I'm done with this whole seasons thing, I don't want to do things that would normally never do any other time in the game(house parties, reality shows)I don't need extra sys tickets 😤  sys isn't that important to me that I need extra lol(no hate towards players who like extra tickets but for me it's a no as an earnable) AND they're giving us male items?!  😲 that's just laziness on glu's part.
    "A Fox is A Wolf who Sends Flowers."
  • ArianeMBArianeMB Registered Users, Member 146 Posts
    But seriously, please grow up and stop with the unnecessary drama. 
    Yes please it's just tiring at this point
    They/them please
  • KKH_SaraKKH_Sara Registered Users, Member 334 Posts
    Also IMO this is not comparable to the diamond boxes because that would not have been a huge programming change — just a price change, updating the items, and removing any chance of dye or tickets. 
    Seasons is more comparable to the tiered SYS — a huge change that likely took a ton of design, management, and engineering work, seasons even more so than the tiers. There is a 0% chance they’ll throw it away after a couple weeks or before the end of the season. I’d guess they’ll make us give it a chance till Christmas, but who knows. 
    LAdoll24 said:
    No offense to anyone but glu won't be changing this anytime soon no matter how much we all complain and don't like it they have already implemented it for everyone so it won't change anytime soon regardless of who admits to purchasing it or not. Just look at all the things that have been asked for over the years that never change or end up changing for the worse. Since I am able to purchase the pass this month I am and see how it goes and most likely won't be bothering with the game much longer. It is just not sustainable especially if this is just intro price. I don't mind spending some money on a game every so often as it is entertainment and is sometimes cheaper than say going to the movies but monthly is not acceptable. Who knows what they will hike the price up to.
    Yeah if the price goes up, even if I would like to buy it again, I simply won't, it will cost too much for a basic monthly game subscription.. I think I would rather go see a movie or buy some food yk 
    They/them please
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    brenhin said:

We had the same sentiment during the diamond box thing where people said "we can't change anything, it's all Glu" yet Glu listened real quick when everyone closed their pockets. I didn't pin all the blame on them, I said they're supporting and helping Glu, which is facts whether you agree with me on other things or not. 

"Just because you don't like the new features" 
    It's not an only me problem tho. How can you say it's only me when there are people voicing their disappointment and those comments have hundreds of upvotes and only handful of downvotes (if any). So yeah, if someone says "I hate the changes" and there's 150 agree reactions, it's considered a collective opinion, at least a collective opinion of this forum. 

I see your point about them purchasing it being none of my business, but if they post about it, they kinda invite reactions, no? They can buy whatever they want and people can comment positively or negatively. 
    Collectively means as a whole so when you say collectively you’re insinuating that everyone on the forum doesn’t like the new features. Which is not the case. Just because there may be a majority doesn’t mean that you can shame people for supporting a feature you don’t like. I’m sure if everyone on the forum didn’t spend money on the Access Pass those who are not on the forum that play are probably a much higher amount and would likely go for the Access Pass.

It’s hypocritical because whether you spend money on the game or not you’re still lining the pockets of Glu/EA. When you watch your videos you’re supporting interaction with companies that pay towards having their adverts in game. You just even logging in/updating adds to the interaction. If you don’t like the game or features or new things then stop playing. That’ll impact the game. It seems like the game irritates you more than you enjoy it.

I know that watching daily videos also helps Glu, but as someone who doesn't make in-game purchases anymore it's one of the things I can't give up because there's no (guaranteed) way of earning stars, especially now when they took away the weekday and weekend events. I would've stopped playing, but it's hard to do when you already invested your time and energy. I still appreciate the creativity and the artwork, I just hate the way they go about it. 
    KKH_Sara said:
    Also IMO this is not comparable to the diamond boxes because that would not have been a huge programming change — just a price change, updating the items, and removing any chance of dye or tickets. 
    Seasons is more comparable to the tiered SYS — a huge change that likely took a ton of design, management, and engineering work, seasons even more so than the tiers. There is a 0% chance they’ll throw it away after a couple weeks or before the end of the season. I’d guess they’ll make us give it a chance till Christmas, but who knows. 
    I was thinking about that earlier.. the probability of them going back to the way things were before is really low, they probably had to spend a lot of money/time to design this idea.

I'd say it's more likely they will improve some things, hopefully by listening to suggestions given on the forum (the exemple of goals that were given by players, the idea of getting something after buying a certain number of season items, being able to exchange extra points at the end of the season for kstars, improving the quality of the free items, etc)
    They/them please
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    @alvaas @KKHBrisa @brenhin

Also I'd like to say sorry for being so harsh. I still stand by my points tho, it's just that I could've expressed them differently. I agree that the game isn't worth the drama and arguments. 

I'm good now 😌 Lemme go ahead and play with the male hairstyle I just bought for 150 points 
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    The idea of seasona wouldn't be too bad IF the bottom row didn't require a seasons pass.. oops MONTHLY pass. Even if we had to pay once and only once, I could understand that. But paying every single fu*king month is beyond ridiculous. Okay, the pass rn is $6 so that's $18 for us right off jump (2 of my games, 1 for my daughter). Then the price goes up to probably $10-$15, so next month it will be $30-$45 for all 3 games, again PER MONTH! Seriously?! You took previous FREE items and are making us pay for them if we want them bad enough. I held off telling my daughter about it until last night because 1.. she's 11 and I already knew she was about to flip tf out. 2... She can be quite dramatic and mouthy (ahh she gets it from me lol). 3... This would break her tiny heart and upset her. Let's just say the convo didn't go well and she broke down crying bc she's played this game for a few years and she is only a child so she feels things deeper than it really is. So, of course I bought her the pass today bc I refuse to let her be upset of something that can be easily fixed (yeah she's spoiled), however I refuse to give in for my games. Glu doesn't appreciate players, they gave a big middle finger to free players, and it isn't new exclusive items. It was items we could have gotten by doing tasks and opening boxes. I'm so over this game. I've loved it for years, but this is pushing me into quitting. 
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    It is unfortunate because I have been playing for about 3 years maybe longer and have a lot of time invested. I was a free player for a while just up until recently with what I thought was a decent deal with the diamond booster and a couple sys tickets before that, but for several years I was able to enjoy the game as a free player, completing tapjoy offers for kstars and having pretty good luck chasing gift boxes. It has progressively gotten worse over the past two years and awful the past six months. Taking away 20 daily videos, the gift box pallets not having event items, the wine, the list goes on and on. It is really a shame.
  • AnjakkhAnjakkh Registered Users, Member 1,290 Posts
    This game never made me feel as sad as now, I can’t believe this is all we have for 27 days
    Yes😩 it’s so disappointing 
    My doll’s name is Anja✨
    Daily player from Serbia 🇷🇸 ~iOS
    English isn’t my first language
  • Melissa_kkhMelissa_kkh Registered Users, Member 151 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    Has anyone completed 10 gigs for the stretch goal and unlocked the next one? How many gigs is it?
    It’s 20 gigs and you get 50 points
  • katshay8katshay8 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    So we can't do reality shows as professional gigs now or is this just a glitch? Just submitted a ticket for it. If glu wants to change what counts as a "professional gig" they owe it to us to tell us and not let us find out by wasting time and energy.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @Melissa_kkh thanks I just completed it and saw that. Was it 25 for 5, 25 for 10, and 50 for 20 then? 
    iOS
  • jennahbannerjennahbanner Registered Users, Member 260 Posts
    Not glu recycling male items and putting it behind a pay wall🤡
    As a free player, I'm so jealous...why did they put all the beautiful items behind a paywall. Like what am i supposed to use as inspo for the upcoming sys's??!!😭
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    They won't take away Seasons if they still haven't gotten rid of the Tier System, but actually using our ideas to make it better for all players would be appreciated. When we got a survey about how often we should have duets, I'm guessing people said they wanted it less and they actually listened to that at least. 
    Platform: Android

• dimple_bratdimple_brat Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    sindhu said:
    Sure lol at my post.. AS IF you guys don't already know that ALOT of people pay for this game in many different ways! I just find it reasonable cuz the pass is less expensive than k star packs and the gbs are always a gamble? Lol whatever. This forum sure as hell is uninviting.
    I agree. It's impossible to share a positive opinion on here and is VERY uninviting. Just because someone has a different opinion from you does that give you the right to bash others. It's childish and immature. I've never seen so many people throw a tantrum online over a free game. Let's just be positive. If the game is that upsetting, don't play.
    Well it's not a free game anymore, it never actually was because "free" players pay with ads, plus their time, energy, & data (1 update KKH started needing access to our clipboards which has never been explained).

".. Don't play"

Some of us have been playing for years, some since the start of the game, some having spent 1000s of dollars. So that's a lot easier said than done. 

I agree with you as well. I've been playing since day one and have spent 1000s as well. I'm just tired of seeing people bash other players for enjoying the new feature. It's okay to share concerns but blaming others and being negative without offering constructive criticism is not okay. I know it's easier said than done but it's okay to take a break. Not anything towards you but it's not like glu is forcing anyone to play. Also, I probably could've worded my previous response better. It wasn't meant to be condescending, I just don't think it's healthy to behave that way over a mobile game.
  • Melissa_kkhMelissa_kkh Registered Users, Member 151 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    @Melissa_kkh thanks I just completed it and saw that. Was it 25 for 5, 25 for 10, and 50 for 20 then? 
    No clue i’m sorry, i stopped playing for today 😅
  • amanda2022amanda2022 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Does anyone understand what they are talking about here?? My game is not hacked if that’s what they mean 💀💀💀💀💀

• tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    AliBryant said:

• konradkkhkonradkkh Registered Users, Member 563 Posts
    Does anyone understand what they are talking about here?? My game is not hacked if that’s what they mean 💀💀💀💀💀

This is ridiculous….