Future of the game - Updates

Comments

• KimberlyVerdiKimberlyVerdi Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Dorica said:
    Some of that has been already answered, but...

*We don't know if the game is closing, and in my opinion we won't know until the end. We still have seasons and will keep getting them for now.
    *Game is not updating anymore, therefore we aren't getting any new clothes, just boxes with old sys,db,tb items.
    *We will keep having sys, but no new themes and clothes (explained up) only TB sys 
    *This is last season with new clothes
    *If the game closes I don't know if we will have the ability to play it, because we don't know if they keep servers up etc. There are many variables to consider.

Hope that sums it up.
    Ty for answering on some of my questions, but I'm curious about game updates. How i think, its confirmed that we wont get new updates anymore, but can you show me where it was confirmed? (If it even was in blog). 
    Kim
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    @eggsandbananas just a suggestion but maybe some type of newsletter should be sent to all dolls in game mailbox to explain the changes for those who don't know or don't keep up with the forum because everyday there seems to be many questions and confusion regarding the updates and future of the game going forward. I can't blame people for being confused and questioning the sudden changes, but it does get irritating with the same questions constantly. A little in game clarification would probably go a long way. All players should be made aware of the changes and many don't use or even know about the forum. 
  • kayleighraekayleighrae Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    It was a few pages back in the holiday classic thread I believe 
  • Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    LAdoll24 said:
    @eggsandbananas just a suggestion but maybe some type of newsletter should be sent to all dolls in game mailbox to explain the changes for those who don't know or don't keep up with the forum because everyday there seems to be many questions and confusion regarding the updates and future of the game going forward. I can't blame people for being confused and questioning the sudden changes, but it does get irritating with the same questions constantly. A little in game clarification would probably go a long way. All players should be made aware of the changes and many don't use or even know about the forum. 
    The game mailbox is a genius idea 
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    @Reina12 thanks! I thought it would be a guaranteed way that every player could be informed.
  • FoxieLolaFoxieLola Registered Users, Member 652 Posts

• LivingDeadGirlDesLivingDeadGirlDes Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I am hoping Glu at the least doesn’t delete the app completely because it’s sad enough we’ve lost all the events we loved and now not getting new clothing…..so @GluAdmin @eggsandbananas please don’t take the community away by ending the app 🥺 I love hosting segments in my Facebook group and to do that we need access to our closets…
  • cheekypop21cheekypop21 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    So no new tasks are coming out at all?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    We are continuing with Seasons on a monthly basis, and we have SYS events throughout the week. Seasons will continue to have a mix of tasks.  
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Noel888Noel888 Registered Users, Member 183 Posts
    Would be really helpful if a statement, such as the announcement eggs gave, was posted in the game....there are so many who either don't know of the forum or do and don't follow every post. 
  • pizzagurlyumpizzagurlyum Registered Users, Member 670 Posts
    I wonder if all of this is the reason why Kalinda left.
    I genuinely miss her... She was an awesome mod, anytime she posted something I knew it's something important. At least we have eggs and bananas now for important notices 
  • lololaurzlololaurz Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    I'm on Level 35 and Simon and Maria have stopped calling. I thought if I go back to E+ rating I would get phonecalls but nothing.
    I don't think this game is continuing, its sad because it was my escape from reality but ahh well.
  • Towanda_KKHTowanda_KKH Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    I'm level 41 no calls from simon except little simple jobs  so bored wondering that's all the goals 
    edited January 2023
    If you are missing storyline a few things might help, but no guarantees. 1st off, there are some businesses, that once you buy them they come with added tasks. Do you have the art gallery? The perfumery, the winery? 
     Also- on rare occasion you might be blocked.  That means some where in the game there is some gig waiting to start.  You might have left a film director waiting in Brew Palms, or Korkov waiting about modeling in Pannino.  Did you walk away from a wedding leave the Florence venue waiting?  
    The solution for that Is tedious but the only way I know to fix it. You must go into every open door and talk to the NPCs see if that’s it, see if there is a gig waiting to start at every venue. Before you lose your mind, (I’ve lost dates b4 and it’s the same process) I follow the airline list. Start at the top or the bottom, and go ready to fill up your energy along the way. Work your way through the destinations, checking every open door, and good luck.

Oh, if you still have undone tasks, of course do them 1st. When you have finished all storyline, and have no undone tasks, Simon will call weekly, and tell you he has a gig that pays in Stars. If you have no undone tasks and he isn;t calling you, chances are, you’re blocked.  Hope this helps. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    If you are missing storyline a few things might help, but no guarantees. 1st off, there are some businesses, that once you buy them they come with added tasks. Do you have the art gallery? The perfumery, the winery? 
     Also- on rare occasion you might be blocked.  That means some where in the game there is some gig waiting to start.  You might have left a film director waiting in Brew Palms, or Korkov waiting about modeling in Pannino.  Did you walk away from a wedding leave the Florence venue waiting?  
    The solution for that Is tedious but the only way I know to fix it. You must go into every open door and talk to the NPCs see if that’s it, see if there is a gig waiting to start at every venue. Before you lose your mind, (I’ve lost dates b4 and it’s the same process) I follow the airline list. Start at the top or the bottom, and go ready to fill up your energy along the way. Work your way through the destinations, checking every open door, and good luck.

Oh, if you still have undone tasks, of course do them 1st. When you have finished all storyline, and have no undone tasks, Simon will call weekly, and tell you he has a gig that pays in Stars. If you have no undone tasks and he isn;t calling you, chances are, you’re blocked.  Hope this helps. 
    Thanks kokokokonut I checked every location there's no unfinished jobs or no people I haven't already had a meeting with simon calls with odd jobs but I have no goals 
    OK, if Simon isn't calling offering a job that pays in Stars, and he's only calling with the hourly offer of 1 of 3 gigs, you can try asking Customer Care why Storyline isn't progressing, but Simon's not calling with the Star gigs. 
    You know, when Simon calls with the choice of reg gigs, it can disappear from your tasks list, but it's still there waiting.  sometimes, he'll call with a gig, tell you it's one place, but its really just in another. These are quirks that happen sometimes.  that's why I urged a place by place search, and probably CC's 1st suggestion. If you tell them you already looked in every possible game location, see what they suggest.  
    Can you think of any storyline quests you've heard/read about but  haven't gotten?  I wish I could help more.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    I am level 52 with storylines still, I vaguely recall a long pause in storylines before they came back for me! I hope this helps.
    That’s great to hear @Reina12. Thank you,  It’s encouraging.   <3  Hopefully it helps others frustrated with no new storyline in a bit. Just remember, please do not uninstall your game.  Good luck @Towanda_KKH <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Reina12 said:
    I am level 52 with storylines still, I vaguely recall a long pause in storylines before they came back for me! I hope this helps.
    Thanks @Reina12 you made me feel so much better I was worried 
    That’s great to hear @Reina12. Thank you,  It’s encouraging.   <3  Hopefully it helps others frustrated with no new storyline in a bit. Just remember, please do not uninstall your game.  Good luck @Towanda_KKH <3
    Thanks @kokokokonut I'm gonna just do the random jobs and business jobs and hopefully the storylines will show back up 
    And think positive!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • lgaynor95lgaynor95 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Hello everyone I’m new here to the community! My name is Lindsay. I’ve been reading a lot of threads about all the new changes in the game. I started playing a little over a year ago so I pretty much know how everything “used” to be. With that being said I definitely am liking the new changes here! I feel that it’s more fair that we open boxes in the SYS because only the top two winners would get the clothing items and we would never see them again unless Kimversary or TB events! And that’s reaching because they only pick certain items to bring back. At least with players choice EVERYONE has the chance to purchase the clothing items!! I also read one thread where people were saying that think this is the end of the game… I think not! I think they made things more fair this way! Someone also has to keep updating the seasons so I think maybe they just cut things back and are not completely shutting down! 
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    And here I thought my game was bugged or I got banned. Any aknowledgement of it in the game would have been nice.

I do have a problem though. I can't enter the spot next to LAX to buy storyline clothes anymore, I still had one storyline open to buy an outfit. I wrote support, but they just gave me a generic response that showed me they did not understand or care for my problem.
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
    I’m assuming that when the weekly m-f tasks were eliminated, the store was locked, because it was obsolete.  But I didn’t have any left 0ver storyline/outfits so I can’t check.  

Is everyone who had outfits left in the pop up shop locked out?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Eyyeth_Eyyeth_ Registered Users, Member 504 Posts
    I’m assuming that when the weekly m-f tasks were eliminated, the store was locked, because it was obsolete.  But I didn’t have any left 0ver storyline/outfits so I can’t check.  

Is everyone who had outfits left in the pop up shop locked out?
    Haven't played the game in weeks and I came back to the pop-up shop being locked! 😫

I get that we can get the items through the mega boxes now, but c'mon I've been saving those 20+ outfits for a reason!
    Free player since Jan 2020
    ✨On iOS!✨
    Let's be friends! Once I make a FB page for my doll
    If you're seeing this, keep safe, and stay healthy and hydrated!
    ‼️ 20 Daily videos for ALL ‼️
    ‼️ Increase diamond earnable in SYS ‼️
    I'll see if we can get a response about this. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ambrosiachaseambrosiachase Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    Are we going to have another Season after the current Season ends?
    Yes. The new seasons starts Monday I believe.  I’ll double check, but I think from this point, they’re all called Players Choice.  I’ll let you know for sure when I get the next batch of SYS Themes. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ambrosiachaseambrosiachase Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    Okayy. Thank you 😊