Future of the game - Updates

Comments

• CereLovelyCereLovely Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    Sorry to bug in but I was gone for a while, but what happened to the kollection boxes?
  • MalianaMaliana Registered Users, Member 93 Posts
    Sorry to bug in but I was gone for a while, but what happened to the kollection boxes?
    The kollection boxes are now in the closet
  • qsabzqsabz Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    LAdoll24 said:
    @eggsandbananas just a suggestion but maybe some type of newsletter should be sent to all dolls in game mailbox to explain the changes for those who don't know or don't keep up with the forum because everyday there seems to be many questions and confusion regarding the updates and future of the game going forward. I can't blame people for being confused and questioning the sudden changes, but it does get irritating with the same questions constantly. A little in game clarification would probably go a long way. All players should be made aware of the changes and many don't use or even know about the forum. 
    I know I'm late but holy s----, this was brilliant!!!! I didn't know about the forum (on and off player since it LAUNCHED) until like 4 or 5 months ago.

However, if I hadn't joined the forum I probably wouldn't even suspect the game was ending. I never thought about the updates, Christmas decorations etc. as I was playing on and off. So there's a chance they won't do the mailbox thing to not make even more players quit or to not stop them from buying K-stars etc. @LAdoll24

I see my squadplayers still purchase things from time to time and honestly I just want to scream "STOP" for their own sake when I see it LOL
  • Vicki_LeekxVicki_Leekx Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    qsabz said:
    LAdoll24 said:
    @eggsandbananas just a suggestion but maybe some type of newsletter should be sent to all dolls in game mailbox to explain the changes for those who don't know or don't keep up with the forum because everyday there seems to be many questions and confusion regarding the updates and future of the game going forward. I can't blame people for being confused and questioning the sudden changes, but it does get irritating with the same questions constantly. A little in game clarification would probably go a long way. All players should be made aware of the changes and many don't use or even know about the forum. 
    I know I'm late but holy s----, this was brilliant!!!! I didn't know about the forum (on and off player since it LAUNCHED) until like 4 or 5 months ago.

However, if I hadn't joined the forum I probably wouldn't even suspect the game was ending. I never thought about the updates, Christmas decorations etc. as I was playing on and off. So there's a chance they won't do the mailbox thing to not make even more players quit or to not stop them from buying K-stars etc. @LAdoll24

I see my squadplayers still purchase things from time to time and honestly I just want to scream "STOP" for their own sake when I see it LOL
    I suspect they've already laid off the majority of the marketing team and left only those responsible for service. It all started when Kalinda announced she was quitting, and then everything began to stop. Both newsletter and Instagram account weren't updated since then. They had probably the last clothing items designed by the staff beforehand, so they dropped it, but now it feels like it's been on life support. Same with the stories to play and other features, they just faded away.

Now also the majority of the stuff is given away for free, so there is no way they keep earning money from the game. I think they are abandoning the project. They probably won't announce it until it's very close to the end so people will keep buying stuff. This will allow them to earn the last money, cover losses, pay severances to the remaining staff, etc.
  • tangerinetangerine Registered Users, Member 219 Posts
    edited June 2023
    welp.
  • beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 698 Posts
    Pleeeeeease give us 9 or 10 pages of prizes next seasons 🥹
    My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I feel your pain @LydiaKKH.  I remember getting up at 4 am on Fridays because the Weekend event was starting, and we’d gather here in anticipation.  :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 698 Posts

Or 10, 12 might be too much. I just wish there was more than 8 pages, I almost always open all of them when there’s still over a week left. 
    My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine
    I’m getting a number of messages asking if the game is shutting down in May.   We are not getting updates or new clothes. But I’m sitting on themes through the end of June.  At that time, I will ask for the new themes and fully expect to receive back the next two months of themes.  Just like always.  As far as I know, the servers remain up and working, and themes and Seasons will continue.  Take this time yo p,ay st your own pace, and fill in those missing closet items, you didn’t win the 1st time around.   Hope this helps.   <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • keke0388keke0388 Registered Users, Member 1,556 Posts
    edited May 2023
    @kokokokonut So we're getting new sys themes with new clothes? Are we ever getting new clothes in seasons? Or any other area of the game like fashion goals or in kudos boxes?
  • kkhdarlkkhdarl Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    hey is anyone else experiencing a really long waiting screen? like hours long i’ve left it for atleast 3 with no progress

is the game really shutting down…?

edited May 2023
    keke0388 said:
    @kokokokonut So we're getting new sys themes with new clothes? Are we ever getting new clothes in seasons? Or any other area of the game like fashion goals or in kudos boxes?
    No new clothes.  The game is continuing, with themes and seasons, and previous prizes in GBs, and prize boxes.  But no new items.   Hope this makes it clearer. <3
    Don't think literal 'new'.  it's new because each event ends, and a new one begins.  New from the last, but not new as in Never before.    English is funny.  But No New Items. You just have to accept that.  I'm sorry.  <3

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • keke0388keke0388 Registered Users, Member 1,556 Posts
  • haileybhaileyb Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I will never get over the fact that the game died. i still hope we get new update in the future :(
  • KKH_SaraKKH_Sara Registered Users, Member 334 Posts
    @Towanda_KKH did you ever start getting quests again? I know I have multiple weekly storylines left from before I started playing the game, and maybe other things too, but I’m just getting the hourly calls from Simon. I know I’m not done cause I’m not getting the K star gigs. Simon and Maria have no tasks for me, I’ve checked every single location and there’s no NPCs, and CS said they can’t find anything blocking my game :(
  • Towanda_KKHTowanda_KKH Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    KKH_Sara said:
    @Towanda_KKH did you ever start getting quests again? I know I have multiple weekly storylines left from before I started playing the game, and maybe other things too, but I’m just getting the hourly calls from Simon. I know I’m not done cause I’m not getting the K star gigs. Simon and Maria have no tasks for me, I’ve checked every single location and there’s no NPCs, and CS said they can’t find anything blocking my game :(
    I'm just getting the hourly calls from simon and I haven't received anymore quest yet just doing the business jobs 
  • kima74kima74 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Has anyone had loading issues. I tap the ap and I only get a white screen. I have reinstalled the ap and now can open it to reconnect. Is the game gone?
  • kcollier90kcollier90 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    I’m getting a number of messages asking if the game is shutting down in May.   We are not getting updates or new clothes. But I’m sitting on themes through the end of June.  At that time, I will ask for the new themes and fully expect to receive back the next two months of themes.  Just like always.  As far as I know, the servers remain up and working, and themes and Seasons will continue.  Take this time yo p,ay st your own pace, and fill in those missing closet items, you didn’t win the 1st time around.   Hope this helps.   <3
    Well I guess this is just grasping at straws again.  White screen of death, we're halfway through June so I guess we're ending earlier than the themes run for. And just like with the Google problem, android gets disregarded while apple gets business as usual. The fact that the mods have stopped replying to everyone as well, so gross
  • MikiDzanMikiDzan Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Dolls game is dead and we must accept it. Glu social media accounts at all deactivated☹️Recent events with Facebook login issues and white screen android users have says it all. I believe it just matter of time hen iOS will have issues also. 
  • Noel888Noel888 Registered Users, Member 183 Posts
    MikiDzan said:
    Dolls game is dead and we must accept it. Glu social media accounts at all deactivated☹️Recent events with Facebook login issues and white screen android users have says it all. I believe it just matter of time hen iOS will have issues also. 
    Exactly.  My thoughts 

WE HAVE A TEMP WORKAROUND
    I have an update! Though there is good news and bad news.

The good news is, we found out what's causing the issue -- it's a new update to Google Play Services. If you UNINSTALL disable GPGS, KKH will then work. After disabling GPGS, when you launch KKH, you will see a pop-up asking you to enable GPGS, but you can just ignore it and it should not come back.

1. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services > Tap Disable > Tap OK to confirm. You'll see a warning that it could affect other apps. It's OK, you'll re-enable it later and everything will be fine.
    2. Then launch Kim Kardashian Hollywood. 
    3. You may get a pop-up notification telling you you must enable Google Play Sevices. Don't tap it! In a few seconds your game should launch normally.
    4. Once you are finished playing, don't forget to to re-enable Google Play Services! Keeping it disabled could affect other apps on your device.
    5. On your mobile device, open Settings . Tap on Apps, click on the drop down to select 'Disabled'. Select Google Play Store > touch enable.

The bad news is that I don't know if you're using Google Play Services for other applications, and also, we need to figure out exactly what is causing this issue. It is not coming from our end as it is due to an update to Google Play Services.

I'll come back when I have more information.

(THERE ARE MORE INSTRUCTIONS, GO HERE AND READ
    from that point.   There are steps by step instructions a few posts down, plus player reaction. 

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kkhnikkicolekkhnikkicole Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    Since it’s basically the end, just unlock all earnables for both male & female klosets please. 
  • Renda03Renda03 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    This makes me so sad because I’ve been casually playing on and off since 2016 and now I wish I actually appreciated the events and weekly stories when we had them :( rip 
  • ValerieGrayValerieGray Registered Users, Member 685 Posts
    edited June 2023
    Fixed.
    I play on Amazon kindle!
  • livyxlivyx Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    I wasn't sure where to ask this question but is there any way to remove Facebook friends from the Top stars list? I deleted my Facebook account associated with kkh a few years back and my top 10 is full of players with over 1000M fans. Currently I'm in 20th place with about 420M fans. Its not a super huge deal I would just like to get the prizes after reaching top 10 and be able to do a comeback quest.
    @ValerieGray did you try to delete the dolls from your contact list? Disconnecting Facebook doesn't help since they still appear in your contact list, but by clicking the cross by their names, it will delete them and they shouldn't appear in your top stars list
    iOS player since December 2014 🇫🇷🇵🇱
  • ValerieGrayValerieGray Registered Users, Member 685 Posts
    livyx said:
    I wasn't sure where to ask this question but is there any way to remove Facebook friends from the Top stars list? I deleted my Facebook account associated with kkh a few years back and my top 10 is full of players with over 1000M fans. Currently I'm in 20th place with about 420M fans. Its not a super huge deal I would just like to get the prizes after reaching top 10 and be able to do a comeback quest.
    @ValerieGray did you try to delete the dolls from your contact list? Disconnecting Facebook doesn't help since they still appear in your contact list, but by clicking the cross by their names, it will delete them and they shouldn't appear in your top stars list
    I didn't realize we could delete Facebook contacts too! Thank you❤
    I play on Amazon kindle!
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    edited June 2023
    Can we please have the option to open the whole pallet in the mega boxes? Because the game seems like it’s going to be shutdown real soon😭 and there’s still a lot of items I want to be able to get. @eggsandbananas
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • MirandaSoplilloMirandaSoplillo Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    So the game will die soon? Im sad! I've played years and still love the week prizes and everything but no new quests or jobs just my business.. just so sad
    iOS player
    level 55
    English is not my first language