Here is a new update to CKZ2 - an endless arena where you can kill zombies galore for cash and XP. You will notice that you finish goals to get specific cash bonuses. If you are lucky, you can even pick up crates that give you glu gold or items.
As the waves progress, it does become challenging. You can hire mercenaries to help you (for glu gold) but you can also play solo.
Here are some tips that you may want to use:
1. Good weapon setup - Of course, the best weapons would really help you finish each wave. My recommendation is to at least have weapons with 200+ damage AND a grenade launcher since one of your problems will be dealing the special zombies and the firefighters (high damage/immune to headshots). For example, if you use a MP-942, chances are that you may use up 3/4 of the ammo of one load compared to 8-10 shots of an MP-643 to kill a security guard zombie.
I have tried various weapon setups in the arena and the minimum recommended setup for me is:
Melee - Any katana
Shotgun - 10 gauge shotgun
Assault Rifle - ZRU-12 Advanced
Handgun - MP-643
sniper Rifle - Demo X400
Exotic - Annihilator (for special zombies)
There are however three weapons that I highly suggest you have in the arena: The Streetsweeper or Wonder Twins, the Annihilator or Exterminator and the C16 Auto.
2. Don't stay in one place (Except when a special zombie appears) - Zombies pop up everywhere in the arena. The key here is to move about and kill zombies as they appear. The Streetsweeper here is very capable of killing waves of zombies however I do like the Wonder Twins because they kill firefighters and security guard zombies instantly. Wonder Twins can kill Spitters and Bombers with 3 shots.
Now when special zombies do appear, I suggest staying in one place and try to determine where the zombie is. Reserve the grenade launcher for special zombies.
3. Kill the Piper immediately - Among all the special zombies - beware of the Piper. When you know that there is a Piper in the arena, look for it and kill it as quickly as possible. Piper minions can be very annoying and can use up a lot of your ammo.
4. Reload while running/switch weapons when needed - Make it a point that you have your weapons reloaded. When you can't reload, switch weapons. Ammo refill crates replenish every 2-3 minutes and emergency ammo refills are costly unless you have extra gold.
5. Use beacon grenades wisely - The beacon grenade is your lifesaver. When you have low ammo, cannot reload immediately and caught in a corner, throw a beacon grenade to redirect the zombies - preferrably away from you. Use this time to save yourself.
Comments and feedback welcome.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.