Options

Some suggested steps to do when DDay is lagging/cranky

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
I have only started playing the game and so far no problems. There are times that I have encountered some unusual lags in the game or when the game actually does not seem to run (mainly because I do a lot of multi- tasking on my tablet).

Since this is the very first version of the game, we may encounter problems. Hence, I am listing down my suggested troubleshooting steps when the game becomes cranky. More often that not, they help me make my game work.

Most of the steps I have listed are for the Android version.

For your information, I used the following devices to run the game with no problems:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab P3800 (Android 4.0.4, 1.4GHZ Dual Core, 1GB RAM)*

*Default device. No major game issues so far. Game installed March 29, 2013.

NEVER UNINSTALL THE GAME. THIS WILL DELETE ALL OF YOUR DATA SAVES.

1. When the game suddenly stops, click the back button twice then when it asks you if you would like to exit the game, click "No". For some reason, this usually helps.

2. Turn off wifi. I do notice that the game runs and loads faster if you have wifi turned off. Unless needed, I do suggest turning off the wifi before the starting the game. Only have wifi when you need any bonuses or updates.

3. Check if you have the updated software for your device. I confirm that D-Day works quite well with Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

4. Clear the cache and close unnecessary background programs. It is a high-graphic game and does need enough resources (particularly RAM) to work well. Having 1GB RAM is a good thing. When I feel the game is gonna be slow, I turn off the device. Then I turn the device back on and clear the cache/close unnecessary programs before starting the game. Having the Android Assistant app helps since you are sure to close all unnecessary programs when you use it. Use Android Assistant to close all unnecessary background apps, quick boost and clear the cache.

5. This hasn't happened yet. But if the game suddenly freezes, force close the game. Make sure wifi is on. Open another glu game like Gun Bros and make it run. Exit that glu game then try reopening DDay with the wifi on. For some reason, this takes a while and usually fixes the problem. Do not uninstall the game – you will lose all of you game data. Also avoid playing the game on two devices with the same gmail account. This tends to screw up your glu credits and the game.

6. [Confirmed to work]. Use this when does not really open despite everything you do. Create a APK backup of the game using Android Assistant. Start the reinstallation of the game using the backup then immediately force close the installation. Go to Google Play Store. Reinstall the game from the site. You will also be asked to download the additional files. When you open the game, it should work properly and you should still have your game data. You need good wifi/3G/4G connection for this.

7. Clear the cache and data files of Google Play. Reopen Google Play and sign in with your email when required. Open DDay from Google Play.

Note that there might be device specific issues that prevent the game from working. Also check if you have the most updated Adobe Flash for your device. For those using Ice Cream Sandwich it should be: Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.48. Click this link for the updated file if you have problems updating via Google Play: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1848508. Look for : Alternate download Link - 11.1.115.48

If you have saved the game in your SD card, the worst possible scenario is that the game has the problem or is corrupted and that the only option is to uninstall/reinstall the game.

Share any problems that you encounter so that we can figure out how to solve it.

Comments and feedback welcome. Please no spam.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• Options
    hardeyboyzhardeyboyz Registered Users 75 Posts
    Today i opened FLCDD ..it keeps looping after the big banner..never enter the game..wonder whats going on..
  • Options
    dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    It is possible that the phone is encountering a possible conflict with the game and maybe another background application. It might also be one of the ads/promos that app receives before the game starts (ex. ads for Tapjoy games etc.) Question: Do you remember doing any multitasking or downloading tasks before playing the game?

First, press the back button 1-2 times and see if it helps.

If not, here are some suggestions. First try cleaning the CACHE and close all background apps (easy to do this if you have Android Assistant). Since DDay uses a full video, try to go to Applications\All\Media Storage and delete the Data file. This will not affect the phone as this only stores screenshots and optional pics.

Then, close the game. Reopen the game without wifi. Try to open another glu game. If it works close the game and try reopening DDay. In the loading part, press the back button just once. When you get to the video just tap on the screen and see if everything is fine. The only thing that DDay needs for wifi is for any updates and maybe the daily bonus.

See if these help.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • Options
    hardeyboyzhardeyboyz Registered Users 75 Posts
    yeah.. after reboot back my device, the game works fine.. ;)