Party level and gear drop chance

Hello,

Besides earning glu coins, is there a reason to have a high party level after unlocking characters? I have my main premium characters and I have been leveling some of the gold bought characters, but should I even bother with leveling up characters that I have no intention of using.

Does gear drops chance improve if re-doing heroic or epic dungeons? I want to know if re-running these difficult dungeons will help with epic or legendary drop rates?

Has anybody seen legendary armor or is it only weapons that are available as dungeon rewards?

Comments

• kc9832kc9832 Registered Users 8 Posts
    From what I've noticed, only the party level affects hero stats. Leveling up individual heroes only gives you more skill points, but their stats will remain the same. If you only have a group of 4 heroes, and everyone else is at level 1, you will have to rely on heavily upgraded equipment in order to move through the game.
  • KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    Ok. So it isnt the total party level that counts towards character unlocks. Its the immediate party level of 4 characters that actually affects stats.

I thought the two were the same thing. Meaning, that the group party level could be 35, but the party level is only 20. Party level counting as 4 * 5(level of each character). Group level being 7(character count) * 5(level of each character).

Thanks. This means that I do not need to level up the characters I have no intention of using.
  • kc9832kc9832 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Sorry I was referring to group party level affecting stats (including the heroes aside from the 4 you use), so you need to train the heroes you don't plan on using in order to raise the stats of your main heroes.
    sigh...that is unfortunate.

But, has anybody received an epic or legendary drop that is not a quest reward?
  • denied69denied69 Registered Users 6 Posts
    120/260...5 legendary drops...but from missionas..and they are all crap...raver 2...12 dmg....and reaver 1 was 10 dmg...there are no even epic drops on random elite missions...or any story things...dont think about legendary...=) u can get leagendary if u dont ahve min 200$ invested in equipment...
  • scape211scape211 Registered Users 45 Posts
    denied69 wrote: »
    u can get leagendary if u dont ahve min 200$ invested in equipment...

And from what I've seen/heard the side benefits don't always work on equipment (like increased attack speed doesn't seem to work). So why bother going for the legendary equipment if its almost always lower level?

I really think they need to fix or at the very least explain how things like increased attack speed work. It seems like these don't stack or don't work at all. And as a result it makes most blue-orange gear seem worthless.
    at least this helps us know that we do not need to spend money on gear from the store. :)
  • denied69denied69 Registered Users 6 Posts
    well.....tanks ( block )...healers look for HP..coz attack speed dont work, or i dont see any difference, and dps...crit chanse....coz also attack spped seems buged...
  • WhizzardWhizzard Registered Users 9 Posts
    Agreed. I dont think any affixes to items work.. at all. Attack speed is definently broken.

This is also what I find annoying and stupid. Once you open up a new area to get the best gear currently available to you. All items in previous areas are inferior and not worth equipping. The ONLY reason to replay previous missions on higher difficulty is just to gain XP.
    Also I never bother upgrading items past lvl 4. Fail rate is too high and you'll just end up selling it for pennies on the dollar once u open up another area.