Removal of Purple Barriers ... Why?

TeflonicusTeflonicus Registered Users 63 Posts
In the explanatory notes that came with the update, Glu said that they were removing the purple barriers and making it just red and blue due to "strong player demand" and that "Glu had listened to the players" (or something like that). What I was wondering is:

Who demanded or wanted the removal of the purple barriers? Are there threads I haven't seen here in which hoards of players call for that? (I'm happy to be corrected if there are.)

Because, personally, having every single mission above the first level with red and blue barriers, over and over, is quite boring to me and, with all the work they could have been doing on bugs or other improvements, removing the purple barriers seems like a giant waste of time.

What are your thoughts? Do you like the change?

Comments

• Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Doesnt really change to me that much since story mode is completely passed . And i never die due to the high level, HP and guns. The reason i dont think its a big waste of time is that it only tales a very short period of time to remove the barrier simce its just a small change . Imagine you have 3 oranges , red, blue and purple removing once is easy by just taking it out . It is a minor change and to just remove a barrier wont take much time, it was out of no where because i have been in this forum some time now and never saw anyone mention not even once to remove a colored barrier . So it really just came out of nowhere . Btw like i said about the removing of purple barriers, it is going to take a bit longer to remove enemies with that color, makimg every gun just allow red and blue barriers (removing purple) and thats about it
    IMG%5D
  • TeflonicusTeflonicus Registered Users 63 Posts
    I have no experience with such coding, so perhaps it was as easy as removing one of three options. Only the developers and their coders would know exactly how easy or intricate it was. You can clearly estimate that much better than I :)

Judging from the problems people are having due to this update though, it has certainly been "expensive" for the players. Many of them are still stuck with black screens and others are unable to change their old, purple barrier weapons. I've lost progress and an X item and that certainly hasn't made the game more tempting for me to play.

Ahh. The Glu claim is still available for the update notes in the App Store. Under "What's New":

"No more Purple Barrier Systems! - You asked, we listened, we've simplified the barrier break system, now you only need to worry about red and blue barriers ..."

I still play missions as I'm trying to complete a few X sets (which basically stopped coming from gold crates since update 1.2.1) and I can't see any value in the change. In fact, I only play the missions. I've had about 5 goes on endless, and don't find it that much fun--not with Xplodium weapons anyway.
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    I really really really doubt it took long to remove it . Adding items takes longer cuz they have to create it then edit all the small details and then upgrades for it, how much it cost. To delete something it would just be deleting it all.

But yes alot of people have the problems . I still have my purple barrier guns bexause it looks rare since its not sold anymore :p haha.

But yea there needs to be a new update and fast to fix all of these new bugs that have popped up out of no where from this update .(funny thing though . The game says bug fixes and improvement and as soon as you start the game it doesnt let you play it :p )
    IMG%5D