Best Team to begin ($)

AzsesinoAzsesino Registered Users 2 Posts
I just download the game and already buy some gems, what is the best team i can get. Like the best "Raw" team without upgrading anything...

I will stick to that 4 players all the game, i can buy the most expensive ones. but just wanna take advice from an skilled player and don't waste my money!

Like the BEST characters... thanks in advance.

Comments

• VicDeltaVicDelta Registered Users 1 Posts
    This is a very expensive game to play if you think you want to finish at least to level 6. I started to play and soon got frustrated by the cost of simple upgrades and new weapons.

There will come a time when all higher level battles will become impossible to win. Six, seven eight...high level bad guys will be coming after your four guys. No matter he fast your fingers move, your characters will not move that fast and they are overwhelmed. Obviously the developers never play tested the game to see if levels could be won or the just figured many diamonds would be squandered trying to resurrect fallen heroes in order to win just one high level battle.

I decided to finish the Fire Demon Returns battle no matter what. I did finish it, but it cost ~100 gems to regenerate and continue. There is a boss unit that just kills your players one by one with one strike. My units were all level 31, but it didn't matter. Of course this is absurd for any designer expecting game players to enjoy their game. This is not enjoyable. It's just plain frustration. In effect the designers are saying: This game cannot be won, but spend money and try to do so anyway, because our reviews are written by people that superficially try our games and they like them for the twenty minutes they played them. Well this is an in depth review, and if you want to play this game, be prepared to spend a lot of money...and I mean a lot of money.

Some of the battles are named "impossible". Rightly so, because they are. I have four top level heroes (Level 31) with the highest level weapons and defenses, but still cannot defeat the hordes of creatures thrown at me on some battles. The reason for this is that the developers want players to spend diamonds to regenerate teams in order to win a battle. This can get very expensive, and is really a cheap shot by the developers to take a little more cash out of your wallet. In addition some battles will grant diamonds if you are so fortunate to defeat the hordes of creatures at the higher levels, but only once. Once the player has blasted through this crazy difficult barrier, the diamonds disappear forever to be replaced by a small amount of coinage. Don't want to give out those diamonds. A couple dollars may not be sucked from a player.

This isn't enjoyable after a short time. Any battle beyond normal becomes impossible. In order to accomplish anything, big bucks must be spent on upgrades, new weapons and making heroes come back to life. A new weapon, not that much better than the last can cost $5, and there are four active characters with new demands all the time. A character upgrade can cost $10,000 which translates to $5-$10 real dollars for one character! It becomes a very frustrating experience. The main theme of the game becomes, Spend More Money. I will never play a game by these developers again.
  • AzsesinoAzsesino Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thanks! based on your experience what's the best 4 characters from all the game...
  • GrnblazerGrnblazer Registered Users 8 Posts
    I can pretty much agree with everything you have said, except for the fact I have not made it that far into the game. However I have already spent a ton of money, like $500. And my characters are not that great. I kinda wish I would have just bought all the purchasable characters at max. Probably could have saved a lot of money. I have tried to get some legendary gear from the chests, but the odds of winning legendary must be >1% cause I still have not won a single item.

If your new good luck, I do enjoy the game, but be prepared to spend.

I pray the Devs will please give me a little break. For how much I have spent, I should have badas$ characters not mediocre.

Good luck
  • HobtuseHobtuse Registered Users 21 Posts
    @VicDelta:
    I haven't bought any gems (no $$ spent) and have gotten all of my characters to L31 and all missions to 4 stars (besides the Fel'mor ones and the Darkness mission for Defense of Korslev). Money/gold isn't a problem towards the late game where you will have a huge surplus of gold just by collecting and re-doing some missions. Gear will come by simply playing the missions. There isn't any need to even revive any fallen hero as all the missions can be done in one go with perhaps maybe one.

Besides the last Elite mission Defense of Korslev at Darkness difficulty (I have yet to crack that), all the rest of the missions can be done with the right mix of heroes.

There are minor problems with the game for sure but I think with any game, there exists a certain level of difficulty and once you master the game, there shouldn't be a problem. I am just offering an alternate view to the game.

This game can be completed with no money spent at all.

@Azsesino: I didn't purchase any gems but did use Tapjoy gems to get Nyxx. a team of Fel'mor, Z'dar and two healers (Thea, Tlanac and Nyxx) will get you through most of the way.

I use a combination of Tiberius/Rognan/Z'dar (3 choose 2) and Tlanac/Thea/Nyxx (3 choose 2) to get through my missions. I believe you can read up on a few posts here that describe some ideal teams with gem heroes.
  • COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    Azsesino wrote: »
    Thanks! based on your experience what's the best 4 characters from all the game...
    TANK - Fel'mor,
    HEALER - Nixx or Thea(if you like stun more than AOE roots), or both if you like to play with 2 healers. I prefer Nixx because of faster healing speed but Thea is also ok.
    DPS:
    Z'dar - good single target and AOE DPS and the best AOE control.
    Kassia - the best single target+AOE dps in the game. If you don't have her than use rogue.

It would be very useful to burst their talent tree's with crystalls. But if you don't have it than you can skip AOE healing circles of healers, feezing arrow of archer, fire ball for mage and shadow step for rogue(just take 1 point to be able to break distance).
    This isn't enjoyable after a short time. Any battle beyond normal becomes impossible. In order to accomplish anything, big bucks must be spent on upgrades, new weapons and making heroes come back to life.
    It is definitely possible to complete the game with the party described above without buying any weapon or armor. The only thing that is dramatically needed to buy is Fel'mor.