Stuck on "The Fire Demon Returns: Hard"

Graz73Graz73 Registered Users 11 Posts
I'm at party level 189 with most characters leveled up to levels 25-28. with mostly tier V gear.
Tiberius, Thea, Z'dar & Rognan seem to do the best, but I've also got Brynna, Leogan & Tlanac

I can't seem to beat this level though. The blue arrow seems to say that this is the easiest difficulty for me to beat it, but I've been trying to get past this darn thing for over a week now. Its very frustrating.
I don't even need the purple wand that is the reward, so I don't want to spend a bunch of gems to get past this.

Any tips or strategy?

Comments

• HobtuseHobtuse Registered Users 21 Posts
    @graz73:
    Are you getting stuck just at the Fire Demon at the end of the level itself? I can only give you tips regarding the Fire Demon fight. I am not sure about the skill setup of your heroes but I would think ideally you want to go with a setup of 2 melee + 2 healers or 1 melee + 1 range + 2 healers.

This means Rognan/Z'dar/Thea/Tlanac or Rognan/Tiberius/Thea/Tlanac

You can position the two healers at the bottom two corners of the area and only move them when the Fire Demon uses its 'fire breath' towards them. Other than that, the Fire Demon wouldn't attack them unless your two other heroes are dead.

You could just circle the two other heroes around the Fire Demon and use the healers to heal them while getting in damage occasionally. This takes a little patience and practice but you can really beat the Fire Demon slowly but easily.

You would need to watch out for the Fire Demon's special attacks (the Fire Breath and a special attack that is a 1-hit KO if your Heroes are near it -> watch for the attack animation). Good luck!
  • COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    Hobtuse wrote: »
    @graz73:
    I am not sure about the skill setup of your heroes but I would think ideally you want to go with a setup of 2 melee + 2 healers or 1 melee + 1 range + 2 healers.
    You would need to watch out for the Fire Demon's special attacks (the Fire Breath and a special attack that is a 1-hit KO if your Heroes are near it -> watch for the attack animation). Good luck!
    Because of that special attack I wouldn't recommend to use melee DD's there - they die at the beginning of battle. I did the 4th star with one healer, 2 ranged DD(Z'dar and archer) and tank. All party was at the left side, tank run around the boss at the right side.
    Don't forget to save Immolate and Rapid fire for boss fight to cast that spells ASAP.

PS: Did him with free archer but Kassia would have made this battle much easier. ;)
  • vaiduakhuvaiduakhu Registered Users 21 Posts
    I don't believe the Mission Finder System. I find that it's easier to level 4 of missions in previous maps or level 2 of missions in next map than level 3 of missions in current map, especially if this is a boss-fìghting one. Look at the rewards, they can give some hints about the difficulty of levels.
    I think the blue-arrow indicates the difficulty-matched for your party, not the easiest mission.
  • LillwaldoLillwaldo Registered Users 9 Posts
    Yah, I'm stuck one this one also. Thanks for the tips. I'll let you know how everything works out. I've been on it for bout 2 weeks for so lol obviously I've done plenty of other missions successfully. Blue arrow lives..
  • Graz73Graz73 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Hey Lillwaldo. I finally figured it out. I played a bunch of the easier darkness missions which got me enough money to get a level VI weapon for Z'Dar and some upgrades for other existing gear. This somehow was enough to push me over the edge to beat that level and a bunch of other easier levels too.
  • LillwaldoLillwaldo Registered Users 9 Posts
    I actually beat it about 3 days ago thanks for all the helpful tips