A different kind of strategy

AntalainenAntalainen Registered Users 1 Posts
After reading through the threads considering strategy/team buildup, it seems to me that I have quite a different strategy from majority of the other players here.

You see, my best team consists of:
2 shooters - Zdar, Alia
1 fast melee - Brenna
1 healer - Thea

I bet on killing opponents fast, thus not having to be able to take a large quantity of damage to my heroes. This means that:
a) I always kill one opponent at the time. All attackers point at the same target. After that one is dead, move to the next one.
b) The equipment my characters wear maximises attack/casting speed, not hit points/armor. Most things my characters wear are outdated in terms of class, yet are best available for increasing different speeds.
c) I move my crew in the centre of the screen so that they are able to take out several melee units before they even reach them. I also use manual dodging when necessary.
d) In general, I prefer passive skills to active ones. There are couple of amazing active ones, too, of course (for example Temblor)

Another benefit to this strategy is that missions end much faster. The downside is that in big boss levels I usually lose couple of heroes before killing the boss.

Thea can be replaced with Tlanac and Brenna with Rognan. Tiberius is painfully slow for this strategy.

I haven't purchased anything with gems. All my level upgrades are single skill improvements. I'm right now at 93/260 with party level 128 and beating green/yellow missions easily. Haven't tried red ones. Don't know if that strategy works until the end of the game, but so far so good.

Anyone else using this strategy?

Comments

• COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    I think it is nearly impossible to play without tank in elite/boss missions, at least in endgame. But for ordinary missions it works fine.

You should buy Kassia - she is very cheap(during weekly discount you can buy her for 100 crystalls) but her DPS is twice bigger than Alia's. Her arrow rain usually kills anyone on the map.
  • CandleCandle Registered Users 13 Posts
    Agree wiith Cobok. And the dash stun by the tanks are amazing. I stun all the spiders, usually before they get their poison off and use Kassia to kill the stunned mobs.
  • vaiduakhuvaiduakhu Registered Users 21 Posts
    I'm almost at the same party level and star unlocked level with you.

I agree with you that my favorite healer is Thea. Although healing power of Thea is lower than Tlamac and Tlamac has better passive skills than Thea, I still find Thea more effective in healing heroes. It seems that Thea has better focus on healing heroes than Tlamac.

I don't know how you deal with spiders and insects from the ceiling. One of their bite can damage upto ~270 pts just in level 4 of normal story missions in map IV. And when there are 2-3 of them with a lizard healer and some melee lizards, it will be really troublesome. Thea's Astra stun can't reach those insects as they are too high. Bremma's Smoke Bomb can stun them but she's busy with the lizards already. Z'dar Earthquake is effective but not always available because of long cool down time. I prefer Z'dar, Bremma and Rognan in this kind of battle. I use Rognan's Whirlwind to deal with the lizards. It can kill multiple enemies and block melee attack at the same time. I've tried to kill 2 ceiling insects and 2 lizards simultaneously with that active skill, just need to manually taunt them to attack Rognan altogether.

Another strategy is that finishing level 1-2 of story missions and moving to the
    next map and never buying anything from store until you've reach the last map. This way would save you a lot of silver for training and help your heroes levelling up much faster. You don't have
    to use full team to unlock new maps. 1 healer and 2 attackers are quite enough (the others are in training unfortunately). Even the new Mission Finder System is not reliable. The green level 3-4 story missions in lower maps are still more difficult than the yellow level 1-2 story missions in higher areas. The enemies in level 1-2 missions are always slower, more stupid than level 3-4's ones.
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    I think for missions you can afford to have 1 healer go for it.

I run felmor, Kassia, nyxx and Tlanac. And if the mobs are not too bad I take Tlanac out and put in Z'Dar.

When you get to area 8-9+ I find it was very hard with the gear you can get to run the heroic or 4th star missions without 2 healers. Now that I have maxed out party lvl and have at least blue lvl 6 gear in every slot it makes even the hardest mission doable.