Options

bugs and quirks version 1.2.0

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
Full build number is 20130621-072401-181477

First, the new UI is simply too busy.
  • !!!! red arrow notification is simply annoying !!! OK, I like the animation that notifies me of the newly opened location is on the map. But please only show it once. If I'm not ready to jump to that new area I could run 50 fights and have to endure the world-tour pan animation after every one.
  • icons on mission points that require a specific hero are too big and move too much. Simply too distracting
  • The "Train Your Hero" notification keeps flashing when no hero can be trained. If every hero but one is training and the one is waiting for someone to finish, please don't tell me to get going and train my hero.
  • The little green, orange, yellow, red dots next to the mission stars are only as accurate as your ability to gauge the difficulty of a given mission. Historically you have been way off. The blue arrow almost always points to a mission that is much harder than stuff further on in the map. This is particularly true of boss levels.

General Quirks:
  • The new "Mission Difficulty" score that you show just before we start a mission never changes. We could be repeating the one star mission but the difficulty looks just like the four star mission.
  • The weekly missions are good but since they don't ever award experience there is no need to warn us that someone in the party won't get experience for the mission.
  • When the last foe falls and a battle ends you keep dishing out damage. I understand that a spell can be in the air and hit after the end of battle but you let acid damage accumulate as well. This is fine but to be fair you need to allow us to move around after the mission ends.
  • Why do you stop healing when a battle ends? I could have just cast healing-aura but if if the battle ends then poof and everyone starts the next battle wounded. This makes no sense.
  • If we are running down halls from battle to battle surely there is time to heal. I suggest that if there is a healer in the party then every battle begins with everyone at full health. The same argument could be made for spell recharge as well
  • Each time the party level grows by 5 you award a glu-credit. It would be nice if this were awarded BEFORE we picked whether or not to buy an extra skill point.
  • at the end of a Team-up there is a button to continue with the special offer. It just takes us to the normal buy screen but the price is the same. What's the point?

Thanks for all the improvements

Comments

• Options
    kingrobertkingrobert Registered Users 35 Posts
    I agree with the red arrow thing. I think that the arrow exists is good, but get rid of the auto map scroll deal.

Hero mission icons... kind of big but I don't really see them as that distracting.

Haven't noticed the train your hero thing... I have 3 heros still waiting for the 30-31 training so it's supposed to be there for me still.

The green/yellow/orange/red dots I like. They are not a terribly accurate indicator of the difficulty of a mission, but I like that there is some form of "ranking", I'll decide myself if yellow is easy or too hard for me. I'm just glad they are in some kind of order. It's made it so much easier to jump around the map completing missions.

Agree with all your general quirks. Especially the running down the halls spell recharge.
  • Options
    SylkeCherubSylkeCherub Registered Users 26 Posts
    I agree with Rewand - at least mostly.

I actually like the color difficulty indicators even though I agree about their inaccuracy. The numeric dungeon difficulty rating is also inaccurate. I'd be keenly interested to know how these ratings are derived. My guess is that the mobs are at a particular level and that the combination and quantity makes the level harder than usual.

I play on an iPad, so the icon indicators are not invasive, but they could be smaller and be just as effective. My gripe is the "team up" missions. They are broken for all but 1 or 2 heroes. Leogan is the only hero I don't have and it's because I've read posts where people were less than pleased with him. I would greatly like to play him once to see if I would like him. I've read his skill tree and he appears to match my gameplay style. But, currently I can not "try before buy". Although, I'm very pleased that Glu has implemented the idea.

While I don't agree that the heroes should start each battle with full health, I do agree that cooldown times and HoT times should continue to tick while running through dungeon halls. Especially HoTs - it's very frustrating when you throw down a desperately needed healing aura to get robbed of it AND have to wait for the next scene for the cooldown to begin.

Overall, good points Rewand.