massive data useage starting last week

I've been playing HoD for months now, and all of a sudden starting last week, it is sucking huge amounts of data.

From May 16th until June 16th, HoD used a total of 38mb of data.

From Jun 21st until June 28th, just one week, HoD has used 682mb.

140mb foreground, 542mb background. My playing habits have not changed over this period of time. I have pretty much the same schedule. What's going on? If this game is going to start sucking data like this, I'm not going to be able to continue playing.

Comments

• SylkeCherubSylkeCherub Registered Users 26 Posts
    I play in airplane mode - no data is actually required to play. Then when I get home, I allow wifi (still in airplane mode). I have to lock down my 3G data because I can't afford to pay for a larger data package.
  • kingrobertkingrobert Registered Users 35 Posts
    I still need my phone to be a phone though or else I would do this.
  • SylkeCherubSylkeCherub Registered Users 26 Posts
    Many phones will allow you to turn off data and still allow the phone radio to work - if you do this, your phone will still be a phone (you can even receive SMS texts) and you choke off the data. What kind of phone are you using?
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Thanks for letting us know. We are looking into this to see if we can reproduce the issue. Can you give us some more info on what device/OS you're using?
    Sorry for the late reply. I'm on a samsung galaxy s3. android version 4.1.2
    Okay, we did some testing on this, and all we could figure out was the data might be from watching video ads. We've seen no change in the game itself.
    That's what I thought too, but I only watch the video ads or do any of the tapjoy offers while I'm at home on wifi. It could be an error in the way my phone measures data useage. Would not surprise me in the least.

Is there a benchmark for what is expected data useage while playing the game normally?
    Based on some of our tests, this was an approximate test to gauge relative data use.

Before videos: 6.07MB
    After watching 1 video: 12.30MB
    After watching 5 videos: 24.5 MB

It seems each video is about 6-10MB, as repeated ads don't need to be re-downloaded. So hopefully that helps answer the question!
    I was more curious how much data the game actually used, not the videos. 6mb before videos? Is that just starting the game up?