Difficulty still misrated

Milan OpenfeintMilan Openfeint Registered Users 8 Posts
I'm trying to follow the blue rabbit but sometimes I feel like the recommended mission is just too difficult.
It has first happened with III/The Ogre Warlord diff 3 and 4, but somehow I managed to pass it.
But now all my heroes (I have all of them) are at level 20 and the next recommended mission is VI/The Fire Demon Returns, diff 3 (rated as 39). I believe it is not possible to make it with my party. I have almost the best equipment possible, tried all combinations of 2 melee+1 ranged+1 healer, 1 melee+2 ranged+1 healer, 2 ranged +2 healer, but it's a no go. At best I could pass it with 2 heroes dead. On the other hand, some missions rated as 45 are no-sweat.
I would love to know if 1) I'm such a bad player and it's possible with some good strategy, or 2) the mission is heavily underrated.
FYI, 2 ranged+2 healers won't make it to the demon because the 2 healers cannot make up for the damage taken, and melee fighters die almost instantly when I get to the demon (he deals 600 regular, 1200 with skill, my health is between 1020 and 1129, healers heal 160, 170 and 172).

Comments

• COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    ...and the next recommended mission is VI/The Fire Demon Returns, diff 3 (rated as 39). I believe it is not possible to make it with my party...
    I had problems with that boss(3 and 4 star) even when I reached the last village and started to collect tier 6 items. I would recommend you to skip it for now.
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    I had the same problem from then on with all final boss fights and heroic missions.

I had cleared the whole game on 1star before I could even manage to 4 star some of missions as early as area 6. Best advice is to keep move through and 1-2 star the missions and get to area 11-12 so you can get/buy the green gear in the store. With all green gear lvl 6 you can really move forward
  • CrovackCrovack Registered Users 38 Posts
    Worth noting that strategy can help. I've had to kite multiple end bosses and frequently find it easier to complete with 1-2 characters left alive. Keep one character moving constantly except for during specific moments when boss is still. Ice Arrow and the mage's fire DoT are best, as the arrow allows for followup attacks and the DoT allows for high damage in a single cast.

These fights are difficult and require different techniques than other missions but they are doable. Exactly when your party is geared/leveled to the point of being capable will depend on the use of these strategies, but will almost certainly be at a point in which the gear that results is no longer of value (in my experience).