Cannot train your Hero without an Internet connection.

I'm using a library's wi-fi connection and I cannot train my Hero "without an Internet connection".

The problem occurs because I'm staying with my parents temporarily ( while I find a job and place to live ) and I'm in a cell phone area, that is not serviced by my cell phone company. I'm close to the border of the serviceable area, so when I try and play HoD, sometimes it will pick up a signal but when the game loses the connection, it gets stuck in an offline mode - it won't even try and reconnect, even if I walk to a library wi-fi zone and have no connection problems downloading and surfing the Net. I need a way, to force the game, to find a connection.

I have 20 years of experience with computers, having studied micro-electronics and computer programming.

It's weird because I can watch free videos, to get free glu credits but if I try and do battles I get the error:

"Server Error: You are currently offline. You can still play but all timers will be disabled. Reconnect via 3G or Wi-Fi for full functionality."

Comments

• tiberiustiberius Registered Users 43 Posts
    Hi, thanks for playing Heroes of Destiny!

Try force-quitting the app and restarting it in a location where you have a known good connection to the net.
    Sr. Producer | Heroes of Destiny | Glu Mobile
  • COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    MrAgmoore wrote: »
    I need a way, to force the game, to find a connection.
    Suspend-resume the game while being in library.
  • tutiprutitutipruti Registered Users 1 Posts
    this happened to me aswell before..but i found a way to fix it..this normally happens when you ran out of battery or simply turned off your mobile/device. when you turn on your device,the first time you use HoD again and try to train your heroes or grab some teasures,it will ask you for an internet connection,once you did,it should be good to go. you dont have to stay online though.it will only happen if you turn off your device again.
  • Doink01Doink01 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I constantly have wifi and while playing the game cannot level heroes. Altho from trying, i can bounce right here to complain. Odd that i have internet to do this but not level a hero. I can also stream videos but cannot level a hero. Hopefully ive stated that i cannot level a hero due to lack of internet connection while i have a great internet connection enuff. Ive force restarted as well. Dunno what else to do. Any help is apreciated. Thank you.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts