Options

A question about gems as reward for collection completion.

KumaKuma Registered Users 6 Posts
Is there a pattern to getting gems as a reward for completing a collection? I've completed all the collections that gave gems until they started giving coins instead. I assume there is some random factor that gives you either gems or coins when deciding what the next reward for that particular collection will be and that I can randomly make them give me gems again by completing the coin collections until the random factor gives me gems as the next reward (please correct me if this is wrong). But are some collections more likely to give gems than others? Do some collections never give gems? Should I just keep completing the most inexpensive one(s) (demon guard and horsemaster collections) until I happen to get some? I'd really like some information on this so thank you very much if you have any.

Also, regarding Daimyo/Sorceress. Like if you buy one of these characters they come with level 5 pretty much all their stuff. I enjoy building myself up, so I would prefer getting them at level 1 in all skills. Is there any way to do this? And if there is, is the price reduced because of this?

Comments

• Options
    mleenheermleenheer Registered Users 6 Posts
    I completed all the PvP collections for the upgrades, then collected all the gem rewards. I have now completed several collections for coins, which is pretty much a waste of time as I don't need coins of course - and one of them came back as a gem reward but it was only for 2 gems. The others have come back as coin rewards again, and I'm not sure if it is worth completing the collections again to see if the reward changes.
  • Options
    BlitzBlitz Registered Users 227 Posts
    See my response in http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?16938-Collection-reward-changes

The 1500 soul collections is the best value in my opinion, but the 1000 soul collections will have easier opponents and yield about the same amount of gems per soul spent when completed. You can determine this by doing a little math. Let's assume your chance of getting a gem reward is equal in every collection because it doesn't seem like any collection offers a better chance on any award. In the 1000 soul collection you get 1 or 3 gems for an average of 2. In the 1500 you get 2 or 4 for an average of 3. Lastly you get 3 or 5 gems in the 3000 soul collections for an average of 4. Therefore on average you will spend 1000/2, 1500/3 or 3000/4 or 500, 500, and 750 souls times X per gem with X being the average number of times you need to complete a collection before earning the gem award. There are 3 coin awards and 2 gem awards for each collection. If those all appear an equal number of times, then X = 2.5.

I like fighting tougher opponents because I get better drops, it costs less souls and the computer AI is so weak I usually beat everyone anyway. I've gotten 9 gems in one multiplayer wave more than once from the drops. It seems like I only get 6 or 9 gems in a multiplayer wave when I'm fighting someone who's defense rating is 1.5-2 times higher than mine, but there was one time when I got 6 gems from a weaker opponent. You can get gems fighting weaker opponents, but it occurs much less frequently. I've completed over 3000 multiplayer waves and the award seems random to me. I recently got a 4 gem award 4 times in a row and completed a collection 6-7 times in a row with no gem award.