Options

Stuck on the Lizard King, any tips?

davidfong22davidfong22 Registered Users 6 Posts
Hi guys!

I'm David, I'm new around here. Been playing HoD for awhile now and haven't spent any money yet. But I'm finally stuck on the Lizard King (just the first tier). I have all the free heroes (Tiberius, Rognon, Brenna, Tlanac, Thea, Z'Dar and Alia) and I'm at party level 131. My gear is up to par for those levels (Level V), yet I find myself dying very fast when I meet the lizard king.

Any tips on playing this guy? Or is my level simply too low and I should go farm more? Haha

David

Comments

• Options
    FocaultFocault Registered Users 9 Posts
    David,

I've been playing for free (although watching vids and doing free intro game stuff for 2-3 credits at a time) and I've made it up to the Ice Demon at party level 200 although the last 90pt daily is proving tough at this level as the mobs hit my healer for 700. I made it past the lizard king with no issues so I'll try to remember my strat. I'm pretty sure I had either Tib or Rog tanking and 2 ranged including Z'Dar for the stun which is probably the most important ability in the game for a free player. And then either healer is fine. If I remember correctly it is pretty much a tank and spank for me with keeping my healer and two ranged spaced away from him in a rough triangle so that when he targets one of them with the circle all you have to do is move one person away so they don't get smashed/stunned. When he does his first split into the 3 smaller lizard guys (66% maybe?) I then immediately stun with Z'Dar and have my two dps kill one during the stun while tank picks up other two then finish them off while getting back into triangle position for return of big lizard, rinse and repeat for the 2nd split which isn't too bad because the 3 smaller lizard guys have next to no health the 2nd time around. If you are spread out and don't eat a smash/stun and lose a guy early it isn't too bad. Let me know if that helps you out.
  • Options
    readilayreadilay Registered Users 17 Posts
    I was also having problem with this boss. What I did, I upgraded my collected tier V gear, to level 5 from 10, for all 4 team members (Tiberius, Thea, Tlanach and Z'dar). Not really worth to upgrade more and spend extra gems, because after you defeat Lizard, you will get new tier VI items.
    The main thing is to survive before boss jumps and stuns you.