How about some gem other than Amber and Amethyst...

garnth1garnth1 Registered Users 22 Posts
It's rediculous how few Rubies and Shooting Stars I get when I clear the board!

Comments

• crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    wait till you start hunting for legendary gears.... it'll make you wanna tear your hair out!
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    I know it sounds crazy but I've got more rubies, stars and emeralds than I can use. What's more I recently ran out of AMBER!. I thought that would never happen.

I've been upgrading all blues to level 4 or 5 for fusion. The expensive greens I sell and the others I upgrade to level 2 for fusion. This burned thru my stock of 4000 amber in a few weeks. I know it's probably just my perception but now I'd swear that the amber drop rate has gone down. I've gone multiple missions in succession and had zero amber dropped. They were however IX=XII areas so perhaps that's it.

A tip for legendary gear hunting. If you have unearned stars in areas X - XII (because these give out tier 6 gear), look at what you can get on the forth star and avoid spending (or significantly upgrading) that type of item. I spent and spent to get a runic palka upgraded to orange 5 and then won Diablo III. It was a stupid mistake caused by my not paying attention to what was in the queue. A similar thing happened this weekend when I won Del-sol III from a chest. Murphy's law would have it that I had just finished bumping my runic staff into the orange range. At least that was due to randomness instead of poor play...
  • crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    I know it sounds crazy but I've got more rubies, stars and emeralds than I can use. What's more I recently ran out of AMBER!. I thought that would never happen.

I've been upgrading all blues to level 4 or 5 for fusion. The expensive greens I sell and the others I upgrade to level 2 for fusion. This burned thru my stock of 4000 amber in a few weeks. I know it's probably just my perception but now I'd swear that the amber drop rate has gone down. I've gone multiple missions in succession and had zero amber dropped. They were however IX=XII areas so perhaps that's it.

A tip for legendary gear hunting. If you have unearned stars in areas X - XII (because these give out tier 6 gear), look at what you can get on the forth star and avoid spending (or significantly upgrading) that type of item. I spent and spent to get a runic palka upgraded to orange 5 and then won Diablo III. It was a stupid mistake caused by my not paying attention to what was in the queue. A similar thing happened this weekend when I won Del-sol III from a chest. Murphy's law would have it that I had just finished bumping my runic staff into the orange range. At least that was due to randomness instead of poor play...
    I think there's a list out there since I had asked that question before. My own conclusion is to focus on the armor first since those are practically not in existence anywhere. Next focus on the tanker's headgear and footgear. Then damage dealer's head and footgear.

As for elements, I run out of amethysts and rubies a lot. And coins too. I have a few heroes waiting for training because of lack of funds.
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    I think there's a list out there since I had asked that question before. My own conclusion is to focus on the armor first since those are practically not in existence anywhere. Next focus on the tanker's headgear and footgear. Then damage dealer's head and footgear.

Well this is wrong but i'm to tired to argue with you.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    I have a few heroes waiting for training because of lack of funds.

A few? I've had as many as seven waiting for funds and my non-main party is mostly at level 30. Oh I can't wait until every one costs 10-20K per level. I'm tired of playing the last mission over and over just to get the 2.5K it dishes out but as long as I have hour glasses I hit it up a few times a day.