Options

Affects of armor on damage taken

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
With HH events out I though I'd do a few experiments.

I ran Felmor solo against the three star Hom of the Earth (last HH) to see what sort of damage he would take with different armor configurations.

Buck naked (AC 5) = 2462 in damage (average of ten hits)
Medium armor (AC 810) = 1700 in damage
decked out (ac 1413) = 963 in damage

The delta between the top mid AC is 603 and the damage delta is 737
The delta between the mid and low AC is 805 and the damage delta is 762
The delta between the top low AC is 1408 and the damage delta is 1725

I know some of the talk on the forum is that AC simply subtracts from damage and I was trying to confirm that opinion. In general it seems to hold but when comparing fully armored to no armor, the trend seems to skew. I should note that the standard deviation of my samples was much higher in the fully-armored scenario. Perhaps I just need more data but it takes a lot of restarts to collect...

Another data point. I did notice the one hit that the two-star Hom got in on Felmor before he died. It delivered 500 damage. I didn't test the one star Hom but I did see the first one-star HH do 37. My opinion is that the HP and damage simply multiply with the stars. If that exceeds your party's one-hit threshold the difficulty level goes exponential. Of course this doesn't matter against a single foe but it really bites in the Dungeon keeper events. In the end Hom falls in about six seconds and the HH events are done for the day.

Comments