What do you do when HoD gets boring?

This last week had some HoD fun because of the hard Dungeon Keeper event. I played the last mission several times with different party configurations. Then I waited too long before retreating and ended up winning. End of the fun.

Today I played the last "War without End" mission over and over. I tried Tlanac and Zdar, Tlanac and Oda, Tlanac and Grazz, Tlanac and Kassia. They were somewhat fun but it was interesting to see how the single fighters hold up. Oda was easiest followed by Grazz, Zdar and then Kassia.

The most fun however was trying to finish "War without End" using Leogan solo. After a few tries I gave up on the highest level but I found that the third-highest was still quite a challenge.

What else is there to do with this game these days?

Anyone know of another RPG like this? I've tried a few focued on one fighter but I like having the variety of characters in HoD.

Comments

• WinterHordeWinterHorde Registered Users 96 Posts
    I tried to ask something similar awhile back but got my thread blocked :P
    Apparantly you can't discuss other games on this forum.

I agree, however, that the variety of characters in HOD makes it far more interesting then most games of the genre. And the fact that everyone benefits from the total party level is the secret ingredient that makes it so much better. Even after you acquire far more superior heroes you still have to advance the rest if you want to become powerful enough to beat the game.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts

I agree, however, that the variety of characters in HOD makes it far more interesting then most games of the genre. And the fact that everyone benefits from the total party level is the secret ingredient that makes it so much better. Even after you acquire far more superior heroes you still have to advance the rest if you want to become powerful enough to beat the game.

Setting individual stats based on party level is a mixed bag. It lets you take a newly-purchased hero and play them immediately. On the other hand it seems to mess up the difficulty raitings. More than half of the heroes are left behind in a fight. They count for inputs into the algorithm used to set difficulty in a Dungeon Keeper or Headhunter mission and generally mess up the game balance.

We likely have months before Jaral opens up and the game simply isn't fun any more. All played out.
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts

Think its you cant talk about None Glu Games