Options

Hero overview / comparison? Who to buy as "first" new hero?

vikingstevevikingsteve Registered Users 1 Posts
Hi,

Can someone please link me to an overview / comparison of heros by class?

I'm at hero levels 14-17 and looking to change out one of Tiberius, Alia, Thea or Brenna.

Thalanc looks interesting. So does the viking guy, and the warlock.

Some specific questions:

1. I could always use some more healing - are the other healers better? Can any of them deal damage also?

2. Is there a better tank? One that can pull agro?

3. Brenna keeps dieing - do I really need a mellee dps, or can I go with tank+healer and 2 ranged?

4. Are there any pure mages? E.g. fireballs and mass AoE?

Thanks for any tips to this nub.

Comments

• Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Hi,

Can someone please link me to an overview / comparison of heros by class?

I'm at hero levels 14-17 and looking to change out one of Tiberius, Alia, Thea or Brenna.

Thalanc looks interesting. So does the viking guy, and the warlock.

Some specific questions:

1. I could always use some more healing - are the other healers better? Can any of them deal damage also?

2. Is there a better tank? One that can pull agro?

3. Brenna keeps dieing - do I really need a mellee dps, or can I go with tank+healer and 2 ranged?

4. Are there any pure mages? E.g. fireballs and mass AoE?

Thanks for any tips to this nub.

For a listing of which Hero does the most damage/healing etc I recommend the DPS, Hero & Party Level guide linked to on the FAQ page.

I recommend you get all of the heroes eventually simply because your strength is based on the total party level including the Heroes you've purchased but aren't actively using. Now I prefer Felmor, Kassia, Zdar and Tlanak if you don't have the triple rifle. With a triple rifle swap out Zdar for Oda (or Graz). Some folks use Nar'ghul instead of Felmor which works as well. He's not as good playing tank (attracting fights) but he's faster and does more damage. He also doesn't get to use the orange sword and shield that you can win late in the game. His equipment cost is higher but he can be purchased with tokens instead of glu-credits and that's a big plus.

Kassia is key to many boss fights. Her ice-arrow gives you 10 seconds to pile on the damage and heal up. I think some fights can't be won without her. OK, Alia might do the trick but her ice arrow isn't nearly as good, she's hard to level up (xp penalty), and often can't last to the end of a mission to engage the boss anyways.

Tlanak can do some damage. Not as much as Nix but his party healing is better because it keeps bumping for five seconds instead of all at once.
  • Options
    SeTaSSeTaS Registered Users 73 Posts
    Q. 1. I could always use some more healing - are the other healers better? Can any of them deal damage also?
    A. you need more healing for just now. at that moment I have used two healers, tank and ranged dps. but in later game I dont need so much healing, because tank is far better and even can heal him self a little bit. one healer heals 1000+ hp quite fast... and yes, every heroe bought for glu coins is better by far than those that you can buy for gold. that is how they gain money :)

Q. 2. Is there a better tank? One that can pull agro?
    A. yes there is. best tank for my opinion: fel'mor. and yes he can "taut", that makes enemies attack him. other tank that can litteraly pull enemies toward him is Nar'ghal. both of them is better by far than Tiberius.

Q. 3. Brenna keeps dieing - do I really need a mellee dps, or can I go with tank+healer and 2 ranged?
    A. no, you dont need melee at all... for now I'm using 3 ranged DPS plius healer (grazzak + O'Da + Kassia + Nyxx). grazzak and O'Da both with triple riffle are beasts. but for most of the game I have used Tank + Healer + 2 ranged dps. in this way its more esay to control agro. just because my dps and healer is in the most far, most safe corner. and only a tank is in the middle of the battle...

Q. 4. Are there any pure mages? E.g. fireballs and mass AoE?
    A. yes there is. Z'dar. he is mage. 2 of the skils is AoE. one is single dmg. but about AoE O'da have two AoE skils too... NONE of the heroes have AoE or mass damage as their main attack. just as those three magic attacks... many of players prefer Z'dar. dont know why, but i prefer O'da, Grazzak, Kassia, Nyxx, Fel'mor, Z'dar... it is my main party. others leveled up to make better my main party...
  • Options
    tangoraventangoraven Registered Users 42 Posts
    Which hero to buy depends on how much you can afford. Kassia will eventually be a great addition to your final team but you need to invest 5 gems/glu credits per level in her. As many of our veteran posters have mentioned, you should always double skill points for your main heroes.
  • Options
    SeTaSSeTaS Registered Users 73 Posts
    my main parties:
    for head hunter events: 4DPS, to do them very fast. O'da, Grazzak, Kassia, Z'dar.
    for everyday missions: 3DPS plius healer. O'da, Grazzak, Kassia, Nyxx
    for hard missions, like those on tuesday, wednesday. 1 tank, 1 healer, 2DPS. O'da, Grazzak, Fel'mor, Nyxx.
    you should decide in the very beginning wich ones will be your main party. to get them double skill points. because in later game you will regret that they dont have double skills. I regret kassia, that she dont have double skills.

you should consider wich ones fit you best, your playing style, or even wich is most attractive to you (because game should be joy, not only math).

suggestions for main party:
    DPS: O'da, Grazzak, Kassia, Z'dar.
    Tank: Fel'mor, Nar'Ghal
    Healer: Nyxx, Tlanac.

but allways remember that it is only my opinion :)