sound/volume...down/up...mute ?????

Sho SairyokuSho Sairyoku Registered Users 12 Posts
Hello,
I did not see a forum for THE FIRST ZvS. This question is for the first one, not ZvS2.

Is there a way I can turn the volume down or off? I don't want to use my PC volume, because I want to hear podcasts while I play.

Worse comes to worse...a file in the games folder I could edit???

Thank you SO much.

Comments

• BlitzBlitz Registered Users 227 Posts
    At the Start screen click the options button instead of the Start button and you'll see the volume control for both the music and game sounds.
  • Sho SairyokuSho Sairyoku Registered Users 12 Posts
    Blitz wrote: »
    At the Start screen click the options button.....

Thanks Blitz, but not on Windows 8. There are no volume options.
    App Notifications ON or OFF is the only OPTION I see. :(

I also emailed Glu Games qabout this issue.
    Still no reply from GLU. I will buy gems if it's possible to turn down or mute the audio. If not I'm done with this game.
    I searched the forums. I searched the intraweb...NOTHING. Prease help me, Obi-Won Bukaki! You're my onry hope!
  • Michael YoniMichael Yoni Registered Users 23 Posts
    Still no reply from GLU. I will buy gems if it's possible to turn down or mute the audio. If not I'm done with this game.
    I searched the forums. I searched the intraweb...NOTHING. Prease help me, Obi-Won Bukaki! You're my onry hope!

If you want for people to advise you it would be good to give some details as to what sort of hardware you are using for one. Secondly what software are you also running.

You say PC ... We'll your PC does have a mute or sound control panel.....have you located that?...... IF ITS SO ANNOYING YOU TURN YOUR SPEAKERS OFF. You don't need an education to at least know that bit.
    .....your PC does have a mute or sound control panel.....have you located that?...... IF ITS SO ANNOYING YOU TURN YOUR SPEAKERS OFF. You don't need an education to at least know that bit.

Hey before you start typing *******-ish replies maybe you should READ everything first. Don't be a dickhead...oh, too late.
    AS I SAID: "I don't want to use my PC volume, because I want to hear podcasts while I play."

Now, also THANKS...I use Windows 8.2 on a Toshiba laptop.
    How did you download this game to your PC? Are you using iTunes, Google Play or Amazon to download the game and have some sort of tablet emulator on your PC? According to Glu's website PCs aren't supported for this game. Therefore you must be using a program someone modified to work on a PC because it isn't supported in the Microsoft store. You'll need to go back to that person for help if they had Glu's blessing to make a version for the PC.

Also isn't Windows 8.2 still in beta? That could be another reason why you are having problems.

You can go to http://www.glu.com/games/genre/all to see all their games and what platforms they are supported on.
    Blitz wrote: »
    How did you download this game to your PC? ......

I did not see a forum for THE FIRST ZvS. This question is for the first one, not ZvS2. Sorry, Blitz. I added that to my first post AFTER your reply. It was then, that I noticed THIS is the forum for SvZ2. I may be dyslexic.

STILL nothing back fro GLU either. Not impressed with their support. HOW IN THE WORLD can you make a game with an achievement that takes 250+ hours to get ad not have the ability to control the games volume???
    It's twisted. hahaha
    In the original SvsZ there apparently is no way to control the volume. I'm guessing you could try to figure out where the sound files are located and delete them or rename the directory to get rid of the sound. Try searching your game's directory for .wav files or other sound file types.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    There have been several responses to this in other threads you started- if the option does not appear under options, settings, or more, then it does not exist. Here are the requirements for the game: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/samurai-vs-zombies-defense/2839ab69-8be3-4d4b-ac61-47581f1529ac
    The game is available, but it is no longer supported.
    gluadmin wrote: »
    There have been several responses to this in other threads you started- if the option does not appear under options, settings, or more, then it does not exist. Here are the requirements for the game: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/samurai-vs-zombies-defense/2839ab69-8be3-4d4b-ac61-47581f1529ac
    The game is available, but it is no longer supported.

Well now I know I'm not a fan of GLU.
    250+ hour achievement and no volume control. Plus terrible customer relations. Don't bother replying. I won't be back here. Ridiculous.