I'm out for this new event

DaniDDaniD Registered Users 6 Posts
Seriously, I'm out. New monsters are way stronger than in any previous event (and much stronger than they should be for that particular dungeon), take longer to kill and can do more damage. I've got a decent armour/weapon (not the best but pretty decent). I get up to the final bad guy and my attacks are doing nothing on it. I barely make a dent before she skulks away.

I know, the last guy is supposed to be hard. I've been in 7-8 events. I know the bad guys are harder, but this event is the worst. It's like your level isn't even a consideration for how hard the monsters are. It would literally take all 5 of my courage potions to kill one boss... and I can't even guarantee that I can kill her. That's just stupid.

Comments

• CydiraCydira Registered Users 6 Posts
    I agree with you about the difficulty. This event isn't as much fun for me, especially because the honor rewards (the first armor/weapon set) are so weak. In the fire and storm events, those items made a big difference. They were something to strive for and them they made the rest of the event more fun. This time, it's just a drudge for beginner equipment.

I know they want us to pay money, and I'm happy to support games and developers I like, but it has to be a fair value for the money. These event sets aren't, especially since there's no space to store them.

I like this game, but it has to improve soon to keep my interest.
  • TamimTamim Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am also very upset with this event. I know that we are working towards individual and guild points, so why can't my guild mates and I work together to kill the final monster? The extreme strength of the final queen makes sense to me if we were working together, but it totally confusing if Im on my own. I am only playing the levels now to get as many tiny points as I can to get the bounties... but honestly I am extremely frustrated and it makes me not want to play very much
  • -=Searchlight=--=Searchlight=- Registered Users 4 Posts
    It's very hard. I placed second in the event two weeks ago, so I have gear that gives me 360 attack damage and even I need three fights to kill one of those bosses.

It would be better if guild members could work together to wear down the same spawned boss within the 30 minute window.
  • DaniDDaniD Registered Users 6 Posts
    The only thing I hate is that it makes me look bad not participating in the event. I do feel bad not helping my guildmates. I would be fine if it took me four times to go through the cave and kill that thing (usually does for events). This time I have no idea how many times it would take me. For my set up the level should cost me 13 to get in, but they raised it to 17 which is something I can't do right now. I mean I CAN get to the end, but my attack isn't strong enough to get me anywhere. Also... going through 3 times is more HP than I currently have. I don't think they thought this event out at all.
  • -=Searchlight=--=Searchlight=- Registered Users 4 Posts
    I don't think the developers realize it, but I believe this game is rapidly approaching a tipping point where players are going to give up and play something else.

Minimum IAPs of $5 are much too steep, the bugs in the gameplay are out of control and the total lack of communication from Glu (other than to say hi guys, no developers read this forum) are going to undo everything they've worked hard to create.

The consumers in this situation have far too many options for these issues to continue.
  • FortitudeFortitude Registered Users 2 Posts
    The whole event reward structure needs to go back to what it was a couple of events ago, and then possibly improve on that.

With this event, the reward tiers were like 2 potions +5000 coins : next tier = 2 potions 7000 coins : next tier = 2 potions 10000 coins.

A day before the event was over, I got a push message, "Come back and defend your position!"
    After taking a look at what it would take to get to the next tier, and feeling confident in the tier I was currently in, my response was simply, "Why bother?"

There was just no incentive to try. The number of potions was the same on most achievable tiers, and the coin increase was negligible. Concerning the armor rewards, I'm currently wearing Ember Legion+ armor. In order to win anything better, I'd have to be in the top 35.

I'll willingly shell out a few bucks if it's worth it, but currently the whole system appears to be unregulated and thrown together haphazardly.