Make the game more hitter friendly

HeadRushHeadRush Registered Users 33 Posts
This game is a hitting game yet it is very unfriendly to hitting. I find the pitching to be all over the place. Constant pitches in the dirt. Constant off speed junk that cant be hit. The more I play the more frustrating the game gets. Lighten up on the pitching & make it a bit more hitter friendly. Just my 2 cents worth guys

Comments

• StanfieldStanfield Registered Users 24 Posts
    I actually like the challenge to hitting. If it wasn't there than scoring would get out of hand and pitching would be less and less important. I like the current balance right now. It challenges you to be patient and not chase the bad pitches. Striking out although sucks is important in this game where the human player is the batter. When you run up the score and beat another human player it feels as if you hit better than they did by not swinging on bad pitches keeping your offense alive and waiting for that good pitch to drive out of the park or into the gap for a double/triple. Even walking on a full count is satisfying in my opinion. Just need to try and stay a bit more disciplined on batting.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    It's pretty good but a bit tough. I've always been pretty good at baseball games and my team avg is only about .231.

It's headed up as I've become more patient and adding better players.

I hit one or two fly ***** to the wall for outs every game. Once I start hitting those out, should be all good!
  • tylerduerrtylerduerr Registered Users 26 Posts
    I agree headrush...the pitching is just flat out insane. I know it's a video game...but some of these curves and 2-seams look like they're taken straight from the Looney Tunes.
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    Stanfield wrote: »
    I actually like the challenge to hitting. If it wasn't there than scoring would get out of hand and pitching would be less and less important. I like the current balance right now. It challenges you to be patient and not chase the bad pitches. Striking out although sucks is important in this game where the human player is the batter. When you run up the score and beat another human player it feels as if you hit better than they did by not swinging on bad pitches keeping your offense alive and waiting for that good pitch to drive out of the park or into the gap for a double/triple. Even walking on a full count is satisfying in my opinion. Just need to try and stay a bit more disciplined on batting.

I agree. I just figured out a small technique to get my strong batters to hit home runs when waiting for a good pitch. But you are right patience is key.
  • diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    The major problem I have are pitches over 90mph. You have no time to assess the pitch. At 100mph I'm forced to swing regardless, just in case.

High and low pitches also get me, as it's hard to tell on a small screen. I would suggest limiting pitch height and speed. I don't expect it to be easy, just 'possible'. I'm missing pitches that it looks like I hit. At least make it a foul ball.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    diagoro wrote: »
    The major problem I have are pitches over 90mph. You have no time to assess the pitch. At 100mph I'm forced to swing regardless, just in case.

High and low pitches also get me, as it's hard to tell on a small screen. I would suggest limiting pitch height and speed. I don't expect it to be easy, just 'possible'. I'm missing pitches that it looks like I hit. At least make it a foul ball.

You can't hit pitches over 90 MPH? I want to play you!
    diagoro wrote: »

I can, but nothing above 100. I was just noting how the higher speed pitches greatly exagerate issues with determining high/low pitches.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    The further into the game I get, the better I get at hitting. Better players and upgrades have helped.

I like the difficulty. Definitely doesn't need to be tougher.

The timing if 100mph pitches is probably pretty close to what it's really like to hit against it.
    But in real life, every pitch is hitable. Here, youonly make contact with strikes. TThere's no way for me to react quick enough.