Options

Has anyone won in the playoffs at Legend level?

champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
So far I've played 10 playoffs games and have only managed to win once. The computer has scored no less than 6 runs a game, have committed 0 errors, and absolutely beat up on even my best pitchers. I've been able to make contact with their near perfect pitching staff but as usual most result in an easy out. Winning 4 games in these best of 7 playoffs series' seems like a near impossible feat.

I guess I'd like to hear that someone has won to give me the slightest inkling of hope here.

Comments

• Options
    I'm now 1-14. My pitching staff's era looks terrible now after losing 3 series. It's really getting frustrating as I'm not striking out much anymore but only 1 in every pitch contact results in a hit, and never enough times in a row to score enough runs to come close.

I'm hoping there's a pity algorithm that let's you win after a certain number of bad beats.
  • Options
    I'm now 2-17. Starting to think this is rigged so only people who have bought their way to a 5 star team can beat the legends.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I'm 4-20 against the legends. I have a pretty stacked team and upgrades to 8 in all major categories. Any game where I pull ahead, they come back with a 3 run inning. So yes, I agree with you. I figure you have to pay to upgrade to 9 in all levels to have a fighting chance.
  • Options
    LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    I actually just beat the Legends last night. At that point I had my trainer and hitting coach upgraded to 9. My pitching coach and pitch calling were at 7. Everything else is still at 6. My pitchers were all 4* or less until I drafted Wacha and he started the last two games allowing me to take the series 4-1. I posted my entire team in the post your lineup thread if you want to see it, it's the same team as there + Wacha for two games. I just kept playing them and got better at hitting all of their pitchers, overall I'm 18-68 against them ha. But honestly their pitchers are hittable, particularly Kershaw and Fernandez since none of their pitches have late breaks. Oh and I haven't spent any money besides the 1.99 to remove ads. I do try to finish like 45-50 in the categories so that I can get the daily gold rewards
  • Options
    My top 4 pitchers are 4 1/2 stars. And most games start with them scoring 2 in the first. Last night, I wss 2-2 in the series, with Yu Darvish starting and they got 7 in the first. I agree with you on their pitching. After playing them a while I have figured out some of their tendencies. But I'll square the pitch up and fly out weakly. I guess just keep at it.
  • Options
    princebizzprincebizz Registered Users 32 Posts
    I actually just beat the Legends last night. At that point I had my trainer and hitting coach upgraded to 9. My pitching coach and pitch calling were at 7. Everything else is still at 6. My pitchers were all 4* or less until I drafted Wacha and he started the last two games allowing me to take the series 4-1. I posted my entire team in the post your lineup thread if you want to see it, it's the same team as there + Wacha for two games. I just kept playing them and got better at hitting all of their pitchers, overall I'm 18-68 against them ha. But honestly their pitchers are hittable, particularly Kershaw and Fernandez since none of their pitches have late breaks. Oh and I haven't spent any money besides the 1.99 to remove ads. I do try to finish like 45-50 in the categories so that I can get the daily gold rewards

What happens after?
    Team name: PHAMILY
    Club name: CARDINALS
  • Options
    You just start over again on the legendary level i.e. you go down to 0 of the 75 wins needed to reach the playoffs.
  • Options
    Boring. I'll probably stop playing at that point then.
  • Options
    I'm now 2-20 with an 8 game losing streak. In my last few games the legends have scored over 10 runs each game while committing zero errors. Even when I get up a run or two they ruin a 4 * pitcher and kick my butt. It's starting to feel like my team should be in the special Olympics. And as I said before it's not like I'm striking out all the time. Maybe 3 times a game.
  • Options
    Yeah dude look you aren't going to beat them with a 4* pitcher in a 7 game series unless you have a lot of upgrades and a ton of luck. You just have to keep grinding until you land either a better starter who you can use ice wraps and start each game, and keep upgrading your stuff. Obviously this takes a while to get all that gold but to me that made it more fun and satisfying when I beat them. Personally I would focus on the upgrades, if you're team is upgraded enough you'll be able to compete at least. But they have the best player for each position with 9 upgrades on everything, don't expect to win without luck
  • Options
    NotajediNotajedi Registered Users 6 Posts
    I won the series 4-3 this morning after the latest update, maybe the difficulty has been lowered a little or I just got lucky when i scored my runs, in all the games I won they jumped out to a lead and I came back.
    I've only 4* starters and only two 4.5 * batters but all my upgrades are 7 or 8.
  • Options
    I'm now 35-112. I've gotten to the point where I can get to 3 wins every now and then, but suddenly I can't hit and they are scoring in double digets. One series I was up 3-0. Figure just 1 win in 4 was manageable. Nope. 4 blow outs. I'm obviously frustrated. Every starting pitcher is 4 1/2 or more upgrades in the 5 major categories are at 9. The others are at 7. Any more advice besides it just taking luck? Figured by now I would have had one series go my way.
  • Options
    you must be really unlucky...I think I've done it 4 times now and my upgrades aren't as high as yours
  • Options
    This I know. Do you use all your pitchers or keep reusing your ace? Do you autoplay if you are down 7 runs? And how do you handle Cueto. Of their 5 pitchers I lose against him the most. I was lucky and finally drafted a 5 star pitcher, but they hit him the hardest. Any advice LiverpoolFC would've greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    - I reuse my ace if I'm winning the series, if not I just let it ride
    - Yes I will definitely autoplay if I'm down 7 runs
    - I don't really have any tips on Cueto, to me he's pretty similar to Felix
    - The only advice that I would say is start RH players when Kershaw is pitching and LH when the other 4 guys are pitching, this makes a pretty big difference. Also having a good bullpen is crucial. I have Koji to close and a couple 4.5* guys to take care of the 7th and 8th so if I can get a lead to them I have a decent chance of holding on
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks a bunch. I actually thinking about that yesterday. Putting in more left handers against their 4 righties. My team is a bit right handed heavy in hitting. I usually kill Kershaw the lefty. I'll have to sit two 4 1/2 star players and sub them for two switch hitters that have less power but can bat on the left side. I checked the statistics and the numbers definately back up my suspicion and your advice. I've also noticed overpowering starters like Darvish and Strasburg give up more runs then softer throwers like Grienke and Price. Hope this works. Thanks again LiverpoolFC!
  • Options
    FINALLY!!!! Won 4 games to 3. Got blown out once, but won two extra inning games. Last game came down to 3-2 with Kimbrel pitching the 9th. And for once 0 runs by the legends. Thanks for the advice LiverpoolFC. The line up changes helped. Now back to the beginning. But much relief after so much frustration. :)
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Congrats! Sounds scary haha
  • Options
    After that many games and disappointment.... I literally held my breath as I pressed the button to start the CPU half of the 9th inning. That wheel seemed to turn forever. Haha
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Congrats!!

The whole lineup of Legends team is pretty sick. To win the legends playoff is almost impossible.
    I also beat Legends after tons of retry. Just like you said, they can blew you anytime they want so sometimes you need luck to win the series.

I remember that the my last game with legends is totally a surprise. In the last 9th inning, I was down by 5. I am thinking that I should give up and try another round. After I press the autoplay button, guess what, my players get 6 score in the last inning and won the series.....

haha... nothing impossible for baseball games...I think.
  • Options
    Hey thanks. A auto 6 runs in the 9th, Wow! Pretty amazing luck. Autoplay never was my friend against the legends. I'd be down 7-0 in the 4th and auto play to a 20-1 loss. My pitchers ERA loved that.
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    The only bad thing about autoplay is not being able to switch out a tiring pitcher, might be why you lose by so much.
  • Options
    Ellis' AthellitsEllis' Athellits Registered Users 4 Posts
    I must be blessed. After getting swept my first try I won 4-2 on my second. Only had upgrades to level 6, one 4 star pitcher, one 3 star pitcher, and three 3.5 star pitchers. Gio Gonzales pitched a complete game shutout for me to take it in game 6 so I didn't even need to use an ice pack.
  • Options
    Wow yes that is amazing. Is your batting lineup strong? I know the second time around I beat them on the second try. After the 1st try took forever. Congrats though. Well back to 0 wins you go!!
  • Options
    I'm now 8 and 54 against the legends. And this just happened in my 3-3 series in the 1st ****ing inning. Alex Wood is a 5* pitcher. FML, this is ridiculous. Close to deleting this app. I have a winning record against almost anyone else I play, but this computer team ruins me.

WjbObPr.png
  • Options
    ^^ that screenshot pretty much sums up how frustrating playoffs against legends can be. Stick with it champ_beauchamp. Eventually you will break through. It really does take some luck. You have little or no control on what they hit. Another day that would have said 0 runs scored. The first time took me forever. But I just beat them for the 4th time last night. They lose their luster a bit once you know you can do it.
  • Options
    Finally beat the Legends in game 7 yesterday. My record is now 16 - 127. Not sure what's next for me. Space travel? Olympics? Ham sandwich & beer?
  • Options
    Finally beat the Legends in game 7 yesterday. My record is now 16 - 127. Not sure what's next for me. Space travel? Olympics? Ham sandwich & beer?

Well done. you could win 75 games and put yourself through that torture again? Or choice #3...ham sandwich and beer. Heck, live it up, add cheese to that sandwich.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I'm now 8 and 54 against the legends. And this just happened in my 3-3 series in the 1st ****ing inning. Alex Wood is a 5* pitcher. FML, this is ridiculous. Close to deleting this app. I have a winning record against almost anyone else I play, but this computer team ruins me.

WjbObPr.png

One day you'll be like this

8cx4fJf.png