Backup/Restore

todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
Has anyone successfully restored the game and current progress on iOS devices? Let's say a older iPhone to the iPhone 6 and still be at your current level/region? That also means nothing missing, gold/hunter buck and all of your weapons. So basically, just were you left off. I'm asking because the new iPads are coming out this month, and I would like to upgrade from the mini to full size iPad. So please share if you have done this, and it worked. I think a lot of us using iOS would like to know! Thanks~T.F :cool:
Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx

Comments

• todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    So I'm assuming no one has done this? Oh well, I thought I'd ask.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    No experience yet for me. I have to wait for Christmas.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I play on Android, so can't give personal experience...

However, I did notice this post on another part of the GLU forum: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?594-What-is-the-best-path-for-quot-changing-devices-quot

The second half deals with changing Apple devices.

Good Luck!
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    All that makes sense to me, but it is still not a sure thing. I don't know why Glu has not sorted this out! There are tons of games that you can transfer from one device to another. I just transferred dead trigger 2 from kindle to iPad. All I had to do is enter my user name. It doesn't make sense to make it difficult for IOS users to do a successful transfer. They can lose alot of business this way! Maybe Popcorn can shed some light on this. I haven't seen any other Glu help other than him.
    I received a reply from Kathleen @ Glu customer support stating that games like DH and Dinos cannot be transferred to new devices. They save only on the device itself. If you lose your money for in-app purchases contact iTunes. Glu cannot help with that issue. There are tablets like kindle and Samsung that save the games in their cloud. So getting a new tablet my progress will be intact with those two games. On iPad it will not. Not even on icloud, icloud does not recognize these games. Bad news for iOS users and Glu. For people wanting to keep up with technology is great, but Glu has not thought that through. And now it's time for people to get new phones, but cannot transfer their current games from Glu mobile.
  • Tusly69Tusly69 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I tried restoring my game my levels my gold my guns with no luck after having to restore my iPad and playing game from when came out pretty ****ed trying work out how to fix.? Or restore successful from Google account as works for other games. Thanks any help gladly be appreciated I won't be starting again :(
  • navtalknavtalk Registered Users 14 Posts
    I am happy you got a reply, I submitted a ticket almost a month ago and have been ignored, maybe I don't spend enough real money. I don't spend any real money, I think that is insane to buy a few binary 1s and 0s.
  • AquabelleAquabelle Registered Users 14 Posts
    I'm confused about game center. My sis told me that if my progress is saved and I uninstall it. There is an option to delete the game only or with the progress itself. But when I deleted the game. Progress also deleted. Should it really be like than?
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Game Center is independent of the game itself. The game just reports events to Game Center and Game Center counts them. Resetting Game Center just resets the counts you have accumulated. If you uninstall/re-install the game, then Game Center just picks up where you left off before.

I hope that makes some sense.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.