new event next week?

todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
I'm hoping to see a event next week! A break from the contract hunts is needed, give my avalanche time to cool! :cool:
Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx

Comments

• DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    Yep there is going to be an event this week. The "Doombringer Event". It got released early by accident last week on Facebook, but they removed it fairly quickly.

You win a R8 AR and the exotic is a crystal version of the Gemini called the Darman Doombringer. It's a three round burst exotic that fires crystals that home in on the target. Capacity of 30 rounds. 599 price, 580 OTO.

I think they released the event early by mistake because the AR that is won is the Winsor Zenith Pro, but they call it the Marshall Judgement Pro. You could actually buy it outright for 299 gold.

The Doombringer is actually fun to use. A lot better than the Phosphor.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Sounds good DS, but when do you think we will see it?
    Should see it this Thursday if my assumptions are right.
  • Richard GleisnerRichard Gleisner Registered Users 31 Posts
    Hmmmmm....the "Doombringer" exotic??? Sounds like fun. I too need a break from the contract hunts and try something else. Right now I am sitting on 96 million HB and 3225 GLU COINS. Looking forward to this new event.
    To be honest, the Doombringer actually looked hilarious. It looked a jet turbine that actually rotated and had a plume of smoke coming out the back out it. I question how the guy could actually hold the d*mned thing!! Must weigh about a ton! Of course, the Doombringer make up for it's funny appearance by having excellent performance, time-to-kill-wise.
  • swaggerjrswaggerjr Registered Users 116 Posts
    Can't waiting........huhhh
    :cool:Android tablet note 10.1:rolleyes:
    To be honest, the Doombringer actually looked hilarious. It looked a jet turbine that actually rotated and had a plume of smoke coming out the back out it. I question how the guy could actually hold the d*mned thing!! Must weigh about a ton! Of course, the Doombringer make up for it's funny appearance by having excellent performance, time-to-kill-wise.
    Was it like the phosphor, shooting sticky bombs? Or a direct projectile like the bandit?
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Was it like the phosphor, shooting sticky bombs? Or a direct projectile like the bandit?

It actually shoots unique projectiles. In each three round burst it fires a bunch of homing crystals. Remember how the Gemini fires those dumb-rockets that home in on the target? The Doombringer is sort of like that, but shoots crystals instead, and there is no targeting system like the Gemini had. You have to keep the crosshairs on the target so the crystals can hit it. Also, the Doombringer shoots more than two crystals unlike the Gemini's two rockets. A swarm of crystals are fired in each burst. The 30 rounds are also nice, but I don't know what it's full capacity is due to the fact that I didn't buy it. That means you have at least ten shots to use against the target. When using it in the trial, it didn't take more than two bursts to take down the targets. Very powerful. Can't wait to see it again this Thursday and get it on sale soon.
  • swaggerjrswaggerjr Registered Users 116 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »

For me....i like to use gentech spark...sticky bomb...hehehehhe
    :cool:Android tablet note 10.1:rolleyes:
    I was thinking about the exotics and it come to me: each exotic maker has a different type of ammo they prefer to use for the exotics. Solari exotics typically use electric ammo, with the exception of the Spitfire, such as with the Spider, Electro, Voltage, Bandit, and Lodestar. GenTech seems to make rather innovative exotics and have no preference to the type of ammo they use whether it be explosives (Salvo, Fenix, Gemini, and Spark), shuriken ammo (Striker), hollow point bullets (Avalanche). GenTech does seem to prefer explosives though. Darman has made crystal ammo their top choice, excluding the Stinger and Scorpius, even though they have so far only made four exotics. However two of the four use crystal ammo (the Shredder and Doombringer). Would like to see what these exotic makers will come up with next!
    Like in DH, there was the Rohman power tour. I'd like too see that in the future. Like the Gentech event. No buying of new exotic, just use what you have. Or have a hunt series like that with 3 exotics. If you have all 3 your in. If you don't, then you are given the opportunity to buy what you need. I used to have all the exotics, but lost 2 because I had to restart. Solari electro, and the Gemini. Bummer, I liked them both! I doubt they'll resurface again.