R. Dickey

diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
Funniest, most unrealistic pitch yet? I thought knuckle***** were flat slow pitches with zero rotation? These go 50mph and take strange turns. Doesn't help when he also throws a 95mph fast ball. Deceptively tough...

Comments

• GuacapoliGuacapoli Registered Users 6 Posts
    I actually just faced R.A. Dickey a few days ago. I didn't care about the knuckleball flying all over the place but the fact that they gave him a 95 mph fastball makes me feel like these developers don't watch baseball.

Dickey's average fastball is around 85 mph. Not 95 mph.

I find a lot of the pitcher's velocities are extremely over-powered than in real life. Boone Logan average fastball is 93 mph. Tap Baseball has him consistently throwing 102 mph.

The only player in this game that should throw 102 mph is Aroldis Chapman. That's it, no one else.
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered Users 2 Posts
    Yep facing him now for the first time and ugh. A Knuckleball does not go all wavy. It's a flat no rotation pitch. I know I faced 2 knuckleball pitchers in my summer league.
  • diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    The knuckleball is actually interesting in this game. It's so slow that it shows how faulty the pitch mechanics are for some pitches.....how unrealistic they are.

On a side note, there was a very good documentary on the knuckleball with Dickey. Think it was called "Knuckleball", oddly enough.
  • NDSU_FargoNDSU_Fargo Registered Users 11 Posts
    Just play the game and have fun. One post says the game is too real and we don't get enough hits. Now this one is complaining about the knuckle ball being too unrealistic. Quit complaining and start swinging
  • PZ_OriolesPZ_Orioles Registered Users 19 Posts
    NDSU_Fargo wrote: »
    Just play the game and have fun. One post says the game is too real and we don't get enough hits. Now this one is complaining about the knuckle ball being too unrealistic. Quit complaining and start swinging

AGREED!!!! Geez..it's a freaking game and EVERYONE has to deal with the same issues. It's not going to be realistic. But it provides a variety, challenge, and is consistent. None of these players are really like their real life counter parts...they are in the 'vicinity'. The complaints are ridiculous.

The pitches are unrealistic because if they were realistic then the scores would be 20-19. Is that what you want?
  • LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    Yeah people should really buy MLB the show for $50 if they want a super realistic sim
  • PZ_OriolesPZ_Orioles Registered Users 19 Posts
    Yeah people should really buy MLB the show for $50 if they want a super realistic sim

Agreed. The more I think about it, the more I laugh. This, from people already playing a game where you can't set lineups, change pitchers, or change strategies when you want. It's supposed to be a fast, easy, fun game. At the end of the day, the stats aren't too unrealistic anyway - even if the graphics that support them might be slightly.
  • KJBLAZINKJBLAZIN Registered Users 8 Posts
    As a person who has R.A., I put him as my Ace. Originally had Jake Peavy, but he has been shaky lately.
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    KJBLAZIN wrote: »
    As a person who has R.A., I put him as my Ace. Originally had Jake Peavy, but he has been shaky lately.

I have RA Dickey but he has had lots of walks lately so he is SP4 now.