Why does my team make so many errors?

brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
Fielding

Errors:
For 260 Again 219

Is there some trick to prevent this? all my upgrades are at least 6, the same as most of my opponents.

Comments

• Bboyce2121Bboyce2121 Registered Users 52 Posts
    It will even out. Do u PH people early n have them out of position? I always wondered if that would cause errors. I'm sure one of these. Guys will know bud
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I don't think pitch hitting out of position increases errors. I don't think there is any reason to explain it. Just like outfield assists could be higher for you then the opponents even though you both have level 6. You probably just had more higher probability "error type" plays. Like Bboyce2121 said if you stay at 6 it will average out. But the further u move along your opponents are going to be 7,8, or even 9. And you will fall behind in the error department.
  • Bboyce2121Bboyce2121 Registered Users 52 Posts
    Thanks amused. I always wondered that too
  • JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
    How many strikeouts do your pitchers get? What is your upgrade for pitch calling and how are your pitchers arm ratings? If your opponents strike out less than you that gives you more opportunities to make errors.

This might help a little to prevent them, but not a ton. My pitchers have way more Ks than my opponents and I still have made more errors, but both my error upgrades are only at 4.
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    JGYank wrote: »
    How many strikeouts do your pitchers get? What is your upgrade for pitch calling and how are your pitchers arm ratings? If your opponents strike out less than you that gives you more opportunities to make errors.

SO For 3001
    SO Against 3208

Pitch calling upgrade is 6.

SP arms are 7, 6, 5, 5, and 4
  • JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
    Your opponents put the ball in play more, so that's a part of it but that doesn't explain a gap of over 40 errors. The gap from the Ks would only be maybe 5-7 errors in your case if you assume a .970 fielding percentage and multiply the difference in Ks by .97 and then subtract that number from the difference. So you're either unlucky or your opponents have had higher upgrades. Is it possible that the infield upgrade is more important than the outfield one and maybe other teams focus on that more? Maybe your pitchers have gotten more grounders or something. That's the only thing I can think of.
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    JGYank wrote: »
    Your opponents put the ball in play more, so that's a part of it but that doesn't explain a gap of over 40 errors. The gap from the Ks would only be maybe 5-7 errors in your case if you assume a .970 fielding percentage and multiply the difference in Ks by .97 and then subtract that number from the difference. So you're either unlucky or your opponents have had higher upgrades. Is it possible that the infield upgrade is more important than the outfield one and maybe other teams focus on that more? Maybe your pitchers have gotten more grounders or something. That's the only thing I can think of.

My batters have 200 FEWER K's than my opponents, I would think I'd have fewer errors as well, or at the very least equal if I was unlucky. But geez, it's the other way around for me. So maybe I have played a lot of teams with much higher upgrades than me.