Options

Next map piece

northlander30northlander30 Registered Users 59 Posts
OK I am confused. I sign in and it says next map piece located in region 7 , Go there now? So I click it takes me to region 8 where nothing has changed. I go into region 7 and there isn't anything there either. I was figuring they might have opened one of the exotic hunts up and buy a gun with HB's but not the case. What is going on with this game? I am growing tired of waiting! As I am sure all of you are as well.

Comments

• Options
    kenokeno Registered Users 17 Posts
    yeh, me too, that happened to me as well, 3 times
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I saw the same popup, except it never mentioned anything about Region 7. It said Episode 7.
    With Region 8, they changed the format so Regions consist of various episodes. The popup was talking about Episode 7 in Region 8. Episode 7 is the Darman Gigawatt series, so the popup really wasn't announcing anything new...
    I am hoping that:
    a) Episode 8 is released soon with the final map piece
    b) The release of Episode 8 will allow the purchase of the Gigawatt for HBs,
    c) Region 9 is released soon after Episode 8 is released, and
    d) They give up on this Episode approach and go back to the old way with new regions released approx. monthly instead of dragging regions out like this.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    I saw the same popup, except it never mentioned anything about Region 7. It said Episode 7.
    With Region 8, they changed the format so Regions consist of various episodes. The popup was talking about Episode 7 in Region 8. Episode 7 is the Darman Gigawatt series, so the popup really wasn't announcing anything new...
    I am hoping that:
    a) Episode 8 is released soon with the final map piece
    b) The release of Episode 8 will allow the purchase of the Gigawatt for HBs,
    c) Region 9 is released soon after Episode 8 is released, and
    c) They give up on this Episode approach and go back to the old way with new regions released approx. monthly instead of dragging regions out like this.

Second that
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    northlander30northlander30 Registered Users 59 Posts
    Oh yes you are correct! I went back in and it does say Episode 7 lol. I only have 9 gold so I can't buy anything at the moment. But they have to do something to keep our interest and dragging this region out isn't helping! I don't understand why they opened up the other episodes within R8 but not the last one.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I don't understand why they opened up the other episodes within R8 but not the last one.

I suspect that it was because for previous regions, you would have people blow through a new region in a few hours and then spend the next three or four weeks asking about when a new region would come out.

I think the plan was to release content more gradually and hopefully have people stop asking about the next new content.
    As we all know, we still blow through the new content quickly, and then it is back to the same old contract hunts and everyone asking about when the next new content will arrive.

I just took a look through the old threads. Region 8 looks like it was released on Oct 16, so we are going on six weeks now with this region, when new regions were typically coming out every three or four weeks before. Six weeks of the same, boring contract hunts...

Looking back to Region 7 threads, it came out for iOS on Sept 25 with a thread time stamped as 1:21pm. Android as a couple of hours later. The first post I saw by someone announcing completion of the Region was at around 10:30pm on the same day.

There are business reasons too... Before, I would recoup enough HBs to take me through the next region and then slow down gameplay dramatically until the next region was out. This model keeps us playing, buying exotic weapons for gold, perhaps spending real money on gold, watching ads and helping boost ad hit statistics, which I am sure all helps with revenue.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2