Finally beat the legends playoffs

JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
It only took me 30 tries lol (23-117 record). Is there anyone else that took that long to beat then or is it just me?

Comments

• ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Congrats Jonny, well done.

What pitching rotation did you use? I have learned (thanks to Amused) only to pitch right handers against them.
  • brifbrif Registered Users 14 Posts
    I finally won earlier in the week too! I think it took me 15 tries but it felt like many more. Won it on a 2 out walk off single by Stanton in the bottom of the ninth in game 7 so it couldn't have been much closer. Wainwright seems to be my most effective pitcher against the Legends. He won twice in my winning series and pitched well both times. Although like every other pitcher he's been blown up by the Legends at some point. My other SPs are MadBum, Lester, Cobb and Zimmerman. Although I defintely avoid using Zimmerman because they kill him. Lester doesn't usually fair well either but Bum does OK sometimes.

I finally started leaving my good left-handed hitters (Revere and Yelich) in my lineup because they can slap a lot of stuff to left field off their lefty pitchers. But everyone else is right-handed or a switch hitter.

Funny, it didn't even dawn on me that I needed to win 75 games again to get back in the series but it makes sense. Hopefully, I'll get another strong right-handed SP by the time I climb back up there.
  • Born RoyalBorn Royal Registered Users 25 Posts
    Congrats! It took me about 15 tries, but it's all about luck if you don't have a dominant ace. It'll be easier the second time through (if you get better players, which you will). On my 4th or 5th time against them I swept 4-0.
  • yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    Born Royal wrote: »
    Congrats! It took me about 15 tries, but it's all about luck if you don't have a dominant ace. It'll be easier the second time through (if you get better players, which you will). On my 4th or 5th time against them I swept 4-0.

anyone know how kershaw does against the legends?
  • MackDaddyMikeMackDaddyMike Registered Users 45 Posts

I won the series 4-2 with Kershaw starting every game. He kept me in it for the most part each game. Didn't have any innings where they exploded on him. However, Doolittle, also a lefty, gave up a 5 run inning in one of the games, so maybe I got lucky.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts

I had him play twice against the Legends. He gave up 11 runs in the first game and 7 runs in the second one, both over 4 innings. So the short answer is he performs poorly.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Jonnydaman wrote: »
    It only took me 30 tries lol (23-117 record). Is there anyone else that took that long to beat then or is it just me?

Yes it took me just as long. I lost series after series. This forum was very helpful. Especially, LiverpoolFC who I don't see here anymore. After you beat them the first time it was much easier the times afterwards. I do not think it took me more then 3 series to beat them since that first go around. I've beat them 22x now. You should be fine when you get there again. But that first time , boy it took me forever. I want to say I was 30 ish and 130sh against them before I won. Since then my winning percentage is around 60-70%. Your team will improve by the time you get there again. Congrats Jonnydaman.
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    My rotation is all righties, but only because they are my 5 best. I have shoemaker 5*(6/9/8), Cobb 4.5* (6/8/8) salazar 4*(8/6/6) Tyson ross 4.5* (7/4/8) Homer Bailey 4* (6/6/7). My bullpen is also all righties except my closer tony Watson(6/9/9). My upgrade levels were all 6 until I very recently upgraded hitting coach to 8 and pitching coach to 7.