Vday Smasher Rewards

redcedarredcedar Registered Users 15 Posts
Players Rewards Coming on Valentines Day 13th thru 16th.

Here's the players on mine:

15,500 Adam Jones (OF)
3,350 Freddie Freeman (1B)
550 Carl Crawford (OF)

I'll update hit/power/speed once I know them.
Prev1

Comments

• RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Adam Jones R 7/7/4
    Freddie Freeman L 8/5/2
    Carl Crawford L 7/3/9
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    A little higher price tag for that big prize. Up 500 gold from last event I believe.
  • redcedarredcedar Registered Users 15 Posts
    Yeah and seems on paper that adam jones isn't much of a jump from freeman. I'd take an 8/5/2 over 7/7/4 without knowing the players...
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    redcedar wrote: »
    Yeah and seems on paper that adam jones isn't much of a jump from freeman. I'd take an 8/5/2 over 7/7/4 without knowing the players...

I seriously doubt Adam Jones is the tier 1 reward. It may be some other 5* player you already own.
  • bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    solarmen wrote: »
    I seriously doubt Adam Jones is the tier 1 reward. It may be some other 5* player you already own.

It's definitely Adam Jones.

Any idea who is behind Carl Crawford?
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Solar:

Adam Jones has been the top reward several times. Certainly not the best OF in this game, but solid. Not worth the 15,500!!!
  • taxi driverstaxi drivers Registered Users 17 Posts
    solarmen wrote: »

I already have Adam Jones (pretty decent player), so my reward is Hunter Pence.
    Anyone have both Adam Jones and Hunter Pence to tell us who else would be available? Hunter Pence is the next available on my 5-star tourney queue.
  • yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    I already have Adam Jones (pretty decent player), so my reward is Hunter Pence.
    Anyone have both Adam Jones and Hunter Pence to tell us who else would be available? Hunter Pence is the next available on my 5-star tourney queue.

adam jones is one of the worst 5 star players, imo. not worth it.
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    How are people even getting this much gold? It would take me 3 years to get 15,000 gold and videos are a maybe I may get one a day if I'm lucky.
    1st reward back in the day was Mccutchen 976 for 10000 gold. Now Jones 774 15500 gold. Wonder what we will be offered when they hit 20000? Maybe an Ian Desmond 598 sighting?
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    1st reward back in the day was Mccutchen 976 for 10000 gold. Now Jones 774 15500 gold. Wonder what we will be offered when they hit 20000? Maybe an Ian Desmond 598 sighting?

WARNING: RANT

I started playing the game last September. I really enjoy playing - it is truly well-designed and thought-out, appealing to a baseball fan. As Amused noted, the first Fan Rewards was McCutcheon for 10G. Soon after, Madbum, also 10G (I think). Then another HQ elite player. Then the price began to steadily rise. I think I got into TSP just a tad too late...now the possibility of putting together an elite team seems so out of reach without spending hundreds of dollars. The odds of drafting well seem to be be declining steadily. While I have a decent 4.5 star team, I don't think my team nor my skill level are quite good enough to go the tournament route.

Adam Jones for 15.5K Gold? Gimme a break. I understand capitalism and making money, but I feel as a consumer I'm being squeezed out.

Thank you for indulging my b!tch session.
    Anyone with Carl Crawford able to tell me who his replacement is?
  • Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Dee Gordon. Looking for his stats
    Crawford worth every dime at that price imo. Has been for me. Gordon okay? I want a 9 speed off my bench, will have to cut a 4.5* Marlon Byrd I think to do it but just makes more sense for me
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    Dee Gordon. Looking for his stats

How about after Gordon?
    Sorry that I don't know. How doesn't the post with all players and stats by position not get pinned. Got Gordon's stats?
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    Sorry that I don't know. How doesn't the post with all players and stats by position not get pinned. Got Gordon's stats?

He is 7/1/9 I believe.
    Being that he's a 15k blue money tournament reward he's a poor replacement for 4* Carl Crawford. Now I need a 9 speed guy who can get on base if needed so he'll do. Wish I never cut Lorenzo Cain actually.
    Hmm I wonder who is next. Maybe I can win Gordon then pay for the next guy.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I'm glad I have him already. Cuddyer is my next 5* player in the queue. Close to Tulo but far from pitchers.
    Clark22 wrote: »
    I'm glad I have him already. Cuddyer is my next 5* player in the queue. Close to Tulo but far from pitchers.

After him you got Werth and Bautista. Then Tulo is all yours!!
  • NyfreshmakerNyfreshmaker Registered Users 6 Posts
    tbatti wrote: »
    How are people even getting this much gold? It would take me 3 years to get 15,000 gold and videos are a maybe I may get one a day if I'm lucky.

I also would love to know. I watch the free videos and I'm at HALL OF FAME level and only have 1400 gold. Would really love to get freeman since I have prince and he's terrible.
  • KaymoneyKaymoney Registered Users 10 Posts
    Thanks for the info on the reward players numbers. I need Crawford and Freeman so bad, getting Junior Lake and Garrett Jones off my team would be a drastic improvement in itself. Got less than 24 hours left and I'm very close to the 3,350 gold mark I need to be at.
    Also, is it better to use gold on #1 picks or specific positions? Could use better SPs, C and 1B but the fact that they said "good to great" makes me feel like I'm going to get some three star scrub. The last few #1 gold picks have all been bench players.
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    I also would love to know. I watch the free videos and I'm at HALL OF FAME level and only have 1400 gold. Would really love to get freeman since I have prince and he's terrible.

If you do the 200 gold tournament you can spend the gold and get it all back. Yes I know that means you're going to be playing a ton of games but it is possible. When Kershaw was the reward I did it, and it sucked but at least I got Kershaw and locked up getting the gold for daily and weekly leaderboards in the process lol
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    After him you got Werth and Bautista. Then Tulo is all yours!!

So close lol. I think I'm 10-15 players away from pitchers.

I'm a bit torn on whether to play through the top tourneys now or just wait until I can just draft through. Super close here.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Also, is it better to use gold on #1 picks or specific positions? Could use better SPs, C and 1B but the fact that they said "good to great" makes me feel like I'm going to get some three star scrub. The last few #1 gold picks have all been bench players.

NYFresh:

The odds of getting a real stud through a #1 Draft Pick are not very good. However, getting one through the positional drafts are even worse. Save your gold and stay away from positional drafts, disappointment lurks.
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    NYFresh:

The odds of getting a real stud through a #1 Draft Pick are not very good. However, getting one through the positional drafts are even worse. Save your gold and stay away from positional drafts, disappointment lurks.

Oh I know! I just got a #1 pick through signing in for 30 days and got Zach Putnam(???????) one very okay middle reliever. I wish I knew a way to get up to 3500 gold in the next 48 hours (from 1400) enough to get freeman. Seems next to impossible though.

What SHOULD I spend gold on then? Upgrades? I wish good players weren't such and absorbent amount. If anyone anywhere pays real money for gold they're insane. You are going to spend $50 on a free app? Just go buy The Show!
    Jonnydaman wrote: »
    If you do the 200 gold tournament you can spend the gold and get it all back. Yes I know that means you're going to be playing a ton of games but it is possible. When Kershaw was the reward I did it, and it sucked but at least I got Kershaw and locked up getting the gold for daily and weekly leaderboards in the process lol

How do these tournaments work? Do you play against the computer or other people? Do you have to win it all to get the player and the gold back? How many games are we talking? I have a hard enough time as it is getting through each round of the playoffs as my "Ace" is Ervin The Scrub Santana
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    How do these tournaments work? Do you play against the computer or other people? Do you have to win it all to get the player and the gold back? How many games are we talking? I have a hard enough time as it is getting through each round of the playoffs as my "Ace" is Ervin The Scrub Santana

They are against the CPU, 4 games and you get 50 gold back for each win. You need to win all 4 to get the reward but you can re-enter if you lose(although if you lose in game 4 it's not worth it to re-enter and game 3 is barely worth it). If your ace is Ervin Santana then you might have a tough time winning but the rewards give you 4* pitchers to start so you would be able to help your pitching staff with this tournament.