Danny Santana

~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
Having Danny Santana as a sub seems like such a waste! In 128 at bats (in a bench role), he is batting .565. He also is yet to be caught stealing! Problem is, there really is no starting spot available for him. V. Martinez is probably the best hitter in TSB, and Tulowitzki is batting close to .400 with a HR every 15 at bats. So, where can you put Santana?

Amused touted Santana in the past, and as usual he was spot on. I know he played a majority of time in MLB last season as an outfielder, so maybe TSB could make him eligible for that position.

I have given some thought to a new player/position category; Utility Player (UP). I would label it almost like a wild card, where a player with a UP classification could play several positions. It's not like a fictional role, as every MLB team has them. How about it GLU/TSB?

Thoughts???

Comments

• SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    That would be awesome. Josh Harrison would also be another player who falls in a utility role.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    The biggest problem for the end game of TSB is that everybody has almost the same lineup.

1B Jose, Miguel
    2B R.Cano, S.Garnnet, Altuve
    3B Andrian Beltre
    OF Brantely, Trout, Josh Harrison, Andrew
    C Posey
    SS Tulo, Danny
    DH V.Mart or other 9/x/x player

Playing against such team is just like look into the mirror and see yourself.
    Since there is no way to adjust the lineup by ourselves and every player can only have one defense position. That makes the game strategy-less.

I think we have talked about this topic over and over again in this forum and we really hope TSB team can do some changes for that in the near future.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Agree with all the others here. Lawman I have Santana as my #1 sub. And after 1000 AB he's doing great. But no where to put him. Granted he should have a spot starting, but you cannot give up the other two spots. Even in the outfield now, Harrison, Brantley, and Mccuchen make it a tough choice to figure out who to bench. I guess we wait until the new numbers come out around the all star break. Vmart has an injury that may delay his start to the season. Best to hold onto Santana to wait if need be.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Out of curiosity, you don't have Trout in your lineup, Amused?

I know he's an 8 hitter but with his power and speed I love having him. He's the lowest average on my team but he's still at .310. The power is almost second to none. I believe Tulo is the only one with a higher slugging percentage for me. So I use Trout instead of Brantley, and keep Santana, Brantley and Revere on the bench as my primary pinch runners, but they each have 9 hitting in case they end having to bat.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Dtrain

I start Brantley instead of Trout. Brantley is currently batting .403, and has a bit higher speed rating. Without doubt, Trout is a monster in terms of power, but a rating of 8-9 for hitting is probably .25 in average. Now factor in Brantley is a lefty, so add another .20 - .25.

While Trout was one of my starters, he batted . 357 and had a 1/17 HR ratio. Awesome numbers, but still almost .50 points below Brantley in average.

If you like the long ball, Trout is the guy hands down. For average, it's Brantley hands down.
  • yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Dtrain

I start Brantley instead of Trout. Brantley is currently batting .403, and has a bit higher speed rating. Without doubt, Trout is a monster in terms of power, but a rating of 8-9 for hitting is probably .25 in average. Now factor in Brantley is a lefty, so add another .20 - .25.

While Trout was one of my starters, he batted . 357 and had a 1/17 HR ratio. Awesome numbers, but still almost .50 points below Brantley in average.

If you like the long ball, Trout is the guy hands down. For average, it's Brantley hands down.

interesting discussion. yes, santana as a sub is a waste, but there really is no where to start him.

i always use trout. he hits .330 for me and has a 1/13.5 HR/AB ratio. i start brantley instead of harrison, actually, because i want altuve to lead off and there's a dumb lineup glitch that has harrison bat over altuve.

overall, my best hitter is definitely abreu. hits over .370 with a 1/12.2 HR/AB ratio.
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, you don't have Trout in your lineup, Amused?

I know he's an 8 hitter but with his power and speed I love having him. He's the lowest average on my team but he's still at .310. The power is almost second to none. I believe Tulo is the only one with a higher slugging percentage for me. So I use Trout instead of Brantley, and keep Santana, Brantley and Revere on the bench as my primary pinch runners, but they each have 9 hitting in case they end having to bat.

It was a tough decision Dtrain. I had Trout there for awhile. After thousands of AB he's hitting .315 with great hr/ab ratio. However all 3 of the other outfielders are hitting over .350. McCuthchen .355 Brantley .403 and Harrison .423. Less HR, but the middle of my line up is very power heavy. (Vmart, Abreu, and Tulo) that I kept the high average players for them to drive in. Trout is on my bench and does make a pitch hitter appearance if I find myself with a lefty v lefty match up and I want the right handed pop. Hope this answers your question. Funny the averages with our players are so close. The same with Brantley .403 as you Lawman.
    interesting discussion. yes, santana as a sub is a waste, but there really is no where to start him.

i always use trout. he hits .330 for me and has a 1/13.5 HR/AB ratio. i start brantley instead of harrison, actually, because i want altuve to lead off and there's a dumb lineup glitch that has harrison bat over altuve.

overall, my best hitter is definitely abreu. hits over .370 with a 1/12.2 HR/AB ratio.

I agree yaybaseball. I'd rather have Altuve bat 1st and Harrison or Brently second.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I gotta think his hit rating drops a few points when players are re ranked