Line Up for the Long Term

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
I've been thinking about the lag resulting from taking a Run on All Players. Even if you go the shorter (and more expensive route), with 900-some inactives and with an iOS device, it looks like you're going to have a lag. So I'm wondering, under current conditions (inability to eliminate inactives individually, and roster numbers set with only three position player subs and a pitching staff of 10), what would be my lineup if I released my inactives? I'd take into account upside, age, and injury history. What would be yours?

C: Posey, followed by Mesoraco then Lucroy (tho Luc has a tender hamstring)
1B:Goldschmidt
2B: Altuve or Gennett (tho Gennett hasn't really established himself as a top-level player yet)
3B: tough call. Beltre and Ramirez are old; I don't see as Frazier as elite yet. Josh Harrison played a lot of 3B for Pirates last season, tho in TSB he's an outfielder
SS: Tulo's health is not good. Hanley Ramirez is being moved to OF by the Red Sox. I'd pick Santana.
OF: McCutcheon, Brantley, Harrison (but see 3B above) or Trout
DH: Sandoval
Sub: Dickerson
Sub:Gennett or Altuve
Sub:Cabrera

SP: Sale
SP: Cueto
SP: Tehran
SP: Bumgarner
SP: Fernandez

LR: Roark (not currently designated as RP, but the Nationals may use him in that role)
RP: Giles
RP: Betances
RP: Holland
RP: Kimbrel

Comments

• ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    C. Posey
    1B. Abreu
    2B. Altuve
    3B. Rendon
    SS. Santana
    OF. Trout, Brantley, McCutchen
    SUBS. Stanton, Harrison, Cabrera

SPs. Sale, Fernandez, Cueto, Hernandez, Kluber
    RPs. Betances, Chapman, Kimbrel, Robertson, Jansen
  • ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    Love the Chapman pick! He should be a 5* in my opinion! 2.00ERA last season and gave up the fewest HR of all closers!

Doubtful GLU would promote him that high, it seems everybody already has him lol