TSB Tournament Bracket & Results

dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
Thanks to everyone who signed up! Hopefully this goes smoothly and we can run a 32 team tourney next :)

Here is the link to the bracket: http://bracketcloud.com/tournament/25968
(I used random.org to put together the order of the teams)

RULES:
Each round is a Best of 3. Home/Away teams do not matter, so either team can send the game challenge. Franchise coins, ice wraps, energy bars are all allowed. Even if there's a blowout, autoplay is discouraged! It takes away from the fun of an interactive tournament. When you begin the first game with your opponent, send them an in-game chat message acknowledging that it's for the TSB tournament.

Please post the results in this thread - including the scores of each game. I will update the bracket as we go.

Round 1 is open until Saturday, March 28th at 8:00pm EST. If everyone finishes sooner, we'll begin Round 2 sooner. Good luck and have fun!
Prev1

Comments

• Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Well done on the effort. Good luck all.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I agree, nice job Dtrain!
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Excellent. I already played my 1st inning.

Question, Can we have game 1 and 2 going at the same time?
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Sure, why not!
  • Jay-Bo22Jay-Bo22 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Thanks again D-Train for putting this on!

2 innings in and I can't score on TBatti.
    Game 1: IAMGROOD vs Game Se7eners

One of the best, most fun games I've ever played. 6 and 7 runs respectively off the starters early then the scoring slowed. Game Se7eners with 1 run walked off in the bottom of the 9th to win 8-7.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Just finished the first game against pelotero. Came back from 7-4 and won 9-8. Dickerson with 2 HR and 5 RBI. I believe we will start game 2 soon!
  • Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    Awesome, thanks for spending the time to get this set up. Ive tried a bunch of times to start my games with Mixx Masters, but it says "couldn't find opponent" or something like that
    Jared, click on his name from the other thread and send him a private message. I've played him before, and Mixx Masters is in fact the name of his team.
  • FusselbomberFusselbomber Registered Users 8 Posts
    Scores of first 2 games between Fusselbomber and ~INTENSITY~

Game 1: ~INTENSITY~ 12, Fusselbomber 9.
    Game 2: Fusselbomber 10, ~INTENSITY~ 7.
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    Jared5150 wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for spending the time to get this set up. Ive tried a bunch of times to start my games with Mixx Masters, but it says "couldn't find opponent" or something like that

Wassup Jared my team is Mixx Masters hit me up tomorrow
    Ok cool, I'll try again tomorrow. I've been at my girlfriends house where my phone service is absolutely terrible, so maybe that has something to do with it
  • MetropolitansMetropolitans Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I would like to thank D-train for putting up 13 runs in one inning against Strasburg. You have crushed my hopes and dreams. Good luck in the next round!
    Thanks Metro, good games.

The D-Train 7 - 3 Fockified
    The D-Train 18 - 8 Fockified

I'll update the bracket after each series result is posted. Keep em coming!
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Second game vs pelotero,

SurfinZapdos 11-3 Pelotero. Two errors in the bottom of the 7th alowed me to put up 7 runs. Good series though pelotero!
    Hey Fusselbomber, congrats on a great series!

Game #1 Intensity 12-9
    Game #2 Fusselbomber 10-7
    Game #3 Fusselbomber 14-12

I pitched Hernandez, Cueto and Sale. He pitched Sale, Sale and Hernandez.

There were 64 total runs scored in the series. I scored 31 and he scored 33. There was honestly not one pitcher that didn't get slammed. In TSB, good hitting will ALWAYS beat good pitching.

Good luck Fusselbomber, and thanks Dtrain for setting up the tournament, it was a lot of fun.
    Game 1 between TBatti and I goes to TBatti by a score of 8-6.

It was a great game! Just wish by bullpen didn't blow it in the 7th.
    Great series Lawman!!
    Just finished up a good series with Mixx masters. Not positive on the scores, but game one I won like 4-1 (?), game 2 I lost 6-3 (?), and I luckily won the rubber match 2-1 in 14 innings. We both seemed to struggle offensively. Atleast I know I did lol
    Good stuff. Glad to see most of the matchups have been close.

Half of the first round matchups are complete now, and the bracket has been updated.
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    Jared5150 wrote: »
    Just finished up a good series with Mixx masters. Not positive on the scores, but game one I won like 4-1 (?), game 2 I lost 6-3 (?), and I luckily won the rubber match 2-1 in 14 innings. We both seemed to struggle offensively. Atleast I know I did lol

Yeah Big J. good series... it was a big offensive struggle for me too.. Good luck to ya in the next round.
    scores..
    Game #1 Jared5150 - 5 Mix Masters - 2
    Game #2 Mixx Masters - 6 Jared5150 - 3
    Game #3 Jared5150 - 2 Mixx Masters - 1 14 Innings

I'll keep watching the tourney.... I Big-Up DTrain great Idea
    IAMGROOD turned up the volume to complete the series. Actually decided to play 7 lol. He swept me after I took game 1. Both equal fair teams with only my Lester making an appearance as a 5 star pitcher once but his 9 pitching upgrade is so tough. Good luck all.

If scores count for anything I
    Beleive game 2 was 8-6
    Game 3 11-3
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Would love to be finished but my opponent seems to be too busy. First two games still hanging at the sixth inning...
    It's okay. Still got a few days to finish, and there's still 2 other series still going. How's your scores so far?
    The first game Georgebye scored an unbelievable 10 runs in one inning off Cueto and another five runs off Giles and is leading 16-8. In the other game he's leading 5-4. I would just love to complete it because I won't be available from Friday evening to Saturday evening...
    Should we wait for everyone else to finish round one before starting the second round?
    Game 2 between TBatti and i was 3-0 for me.
    Game 3 is started.
    Just finished the series with Georgebye. In the first game as mentioned before, he beat me 18-6. In the second game I came back to score two in the ninth to tie but Georgebye scored another one in the bottom of the ninth and won 7-6. Looking forward to the next tournament!
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    nyynym wrote: »
    Just finished the series with Georgebye. In the first game as mentioned before, he beat me 18-6. In the second game I came back to score two in the ninth to tie but Georgebye scored another one in the bottom of the ninth and won 7-6. Looking forward to the next tournament!

Good game nyynym. It is a great come back in the 9th inning. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
  • Jays808Jays808 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Game 1: starcats 8-3
    Game 2: jays98 11-7