Pinch Hitters

Ibraheem MoizoosIbraheem Moizoos Registered Users 39 Posts
Fairly new to this game and I am wondering, if you pinch hit for your catcher for instance in the middle of the game, but with another position player, not a catcher, does this affect the defensive performance? If not then wouldn't you be better off to always pinch hit as soon as you get the chance if you have a bad catcher and too many good hitting 1st basemen for instance? Then you are left with a better player for the rest of the game.

Comments

• Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    From my experience and from what I've seen on here, position changes have no effect on your defense
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Pitch hitters position does not effect who they pitch hit for's defensive position. So pitch hitting an outfielder for a catcher, does not effect the catcher position. i.e. throwing out base runners.
  • Ibraheem MoizoosIbraheem Moizoos Registered Users 39 Posts
    Also sort of wondering if player's speed affects their defensive abilty, like holding more doubles to singles in the outfield. I've seen outfielders down right sprinting against me and I'm wondering if that's a factor of their speed or Outfield Upgrades.