When to move up?

I'm curious when a good time to move up in league is. Right now I'm at Semi-Pro, and I have the following players in my lineup:

3.5* Dee Gordon
4* Jose Reyes
4.5* (5)
5* (2)

I have 1- 5* SP and the rest 4.5*, as well as a pretty solid bullpen of 4.5*'s. So... When do I move up? I don't have much gold and have almost no rings...

Comments

• Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    You should be good going up a level. I leveled up way to quick and was winning games with a lot less than that in All-Star level.

Do you want to level up for the gold?
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    i have 3 4.5*,5 4*, and 0 5* players. i'm in the middle of the playoffs now, about to level up to HOF. i've been fine. stop being a ***** and just level up. how can you even be having fun if you're kicking the **** out of teams full of 3* players?
  • Wolf McCallisterWolf McCallister Registered Users 132 Posts
    i have 3 4.5*,5 4*, and 0 5* players. i'm in the middle of the playoffs now, about to level up to HOF. i've been fine. stop being a ***** and just level up. how can you even be having fun if you're kicking the **** out of teams full of 3* players?

Everything I've read on these forums say "NEVER MOVE UP!" so I just sorta took that advice...
    yeah i know. sorry, didn't mean to sound like a ****. this is just one issue that annoys me. i actually made a post against staying low and why it's extremely overrated (http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?131899-Why-is-staying-at-a-low-level-better). especially after that update a month ago (the one that brought the rings as well as a ton of bugs) it makes even less sense to stay low since level doesn't really seam to matter anymore when they decide your opponents for tourney, league, and event play (it's more based on team quality now if not just completely random).
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts

It has nothing to do with beating weaker opponents.
    so what exactly is the point again? i still don't understand the logic here.
  • J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    He could be staying low for cheaper leagues and tourneys.
    i'm now at MVP and i can get why you'd want to wait to go to HOF because you lose the 15k league which is an easy draft pick. but staying at rookie, semi pro, pro just doesn't make sense. who you are matched up against in leagues and tournies is based on your team's skill, not what level you're at. the prime event pool is completely random. it's basically the same difference whether you're at rookie or at MVP because although everything gets more expensive, you're also getting more rewards and you can make more cash after innings and after games. not to mention you get all the rewards for leveling up. the leagues and tournies in lower levels only give useless 3 star players and lower as rewards and no #1 or first round draft picks if i remember correctly. staying that low for that long is just an unnecessary waste of time. you could be getting more draft picks and better players by leveling up.
  • PJDodgerPJDodger Registered Users 38 Posts
    I'm in Rising Star and I have yet to EVER win a league or tournament. I may win a couple games, but can never win it all. So as of yet no rings. Maybe I should have stayed lower longer, but didn't really see a point.