Accidental Purchases

#@Home#@Home Registered Users 3 Posts
Twice, while scrolling in the free agent page, I have accidentally purchased unwanted players with gold. There should be a confirmation of purchase (a way to cancel it), instead just an ok button. Wasting precious gold on players that go directly to the inactive bin is very annoying. If it happens again, it'll be three strikes and I'm gone.

Comments

• BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    this is a common complaint in most if not all "freemium" games. it's a scumbag thing to do but you're gonna have a hard time finding a game that does have a confirmation for gold purchases (or the premium currency equivalent to gold). developers know that most of the people who don't spend money will just get over it. the people who spent money are screwed though because every developer will have a "no refunds for accidental purchases" policy. their reasoning is that if they do, then they'll get a lot of people who are lying about accidental purchases and demanding refunds. they think we're morons and won't figure out that the very simple solution to this is to have a confirmation for purchases. developers would rather make some quick and easy cash than amassing loyal and satisfied customers.
  • Wolf McCallisterWolf McCallister Registered Users 132 Posts
    If theres one thing you need to know about this game, it is that Glu does NOT care about you. They don't care about you, your enjoyment of the game, or, by any stretch of the imagination, what is considered "right", or "ethical". With that said, we've all made the mistake of buying things with gold that we did not intend to. It just taught me to be more careful :-)

Remember the old saying- "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
  • #@Home#@Home Registered Users 3 Posts
    I figured as much, but had to vent. I guess that I'll have to tie those stray fingers back, so that they don't go near the screen. Maybe I'll use a mitten with a hole cut out for that one finger.
  • Gothams1883Gothams1883 Registered Users 43 Posts
    I did that and explained what had happened and asked for a refund of gold to their customer service. And they politely told me I was s**t out of luck! Live and learn... :(