Inconsistent auto-play extortion - only lose when $ is on the line

MichaelCazMichaelCaz Registered Users 4 Posts
I've played some evenly matched teams in tournaments, and if I'm bored and just want to finish, I'll autoplay.

Now, when I autoplay evenly matched teams, you win some and lose some.

When I autoplay teams that are markedly worse, I win most, but lose probably one out of 4 games.

However - in a tournament when there is gold involved to replay a game you lost, I've spent thousands of gold replaying a team that I'm about equal to based on the game's ratings. I'll lose ten times in a row to a team that's evenly matched. I've retried to play a team only slightly better than me 20 consecutive times and lost... I played on my own, I autoplayed...

It's a racket. It's really disappointing and I'd love for somebody to explain what algorithms are used when it seems so ridiculously inconsistent. When there's gold or money at stake, you can autoplay a team you're better than and lose 10 straight times.

I've got a team full of 4.5 and 5 star players. I've upgraded every single category to the max, yet somehow lose to a team that, while playing, "[team name] upgraded their Outfield Hands to 5!", and "...upgraded pitch calling to 6." ten consecutive times in a tournament???

I've got 9's in all those categories, I can score runs off the best pitchers in the game playing manually, but somehow... magically during those tournaments... the other team that's only moderately upgraded rips 9 runs off in an inning against Clayton Kershaw (9, 9, 9) with full team upgrades?!

Come on, guys. It's complete... f**king... bulls*t. No team with full upgrades and 4.5 & 5 star players top to bottom should lose 10 consecutive games under any circumstances... especially when the only time it happens is when there is money or gold at stake.

Comments

• MichaelCazMichaelCaz Registered Users 4 Posts
    I mean... perfect example. I lost about 10000 gold rematching a game in a tournament... 400 gold each rematch. Autoplayed about 20 times. Manually played the rest... if I scored 8 runs, he'd score 8 the next inning.

Every other game I play, I'm tattooing ***** all over the place. This game, I make solid contact and every single ball - doesn't matter if the guy has 9 or 10 power - dies at the warning track.

Then I play a different tourney. I outmatch the other team drastically - worse than the team I couldn't beat in the other effin tourney that I spent so much gold playing over and over and over for the same result. I lose the first game. Then I manually play again - can't hit a ball past the warning track with Prince Fielder on a 3-0 Fastball right down the pipe from an average pitcher on a team that hasn't even upgraded past 6's.

The tourneys are the biggest money vacuum in the history of apps. How is it possible to lose 20 consecutive times against a team that's about evenly matched with you, then lose again to a team you outmatch. If I can't beat a team that outmatches me in 20 tries, how the **** does the other team I outmatch beat me on the first?!?!

What... a ****ing... racket. **** you, GLU. **** you.
  • ReplicantsReplicants Registered Users 105 Posts
    If your auto playing computer games then switch up your pitching staff to high control pitchers. I would never use them against humans but it works for the cpu. Trust me it works.
  • MichaelCazMichaelCaz Registered Users 4 Posts
    Replicants wrote: »
    If your auto playing computer games then switch up your pitching staff to high control pitchers. I would never use them against humans but it works for the cpu. Trust me it works.

Really?? So Control seems to trump everything else vs CPU? Because I'm with you... when I play for real, high velocity and stuff make it toughest to hit. Control doesn't factor much when I'm batting.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot. It's just frustrating when I play a team 20 times that's just a smidge better than I am and lose all 20 times... but then I play a team that's a smidge worse than me, and I lose on the first try. All the while I'm spending f**king thousands of gold to replay.

I guess if it ****es me off this much, I should create an algorithm designed to drain people's wallets. But until that day, Control vs CPU it is.
    Or try this starting pitching lineup, I've won 100 auto plays with no loss.... Duffy, Kazmir, Simon, Bailey, Cingrani. Computer fails on them. But I have all 5* hitters. Bullpen is all 9 heat 8-9 stuff.
    Those pitchers seem to put a wrench in the system. Get a nasty bullpen and good hitting and you should prevail
    Just played a team where I was greatly out ranked. But Simon kicked their *** and I won 13-2.
  • DawggoneDawggone Registered Users 16 Posts
    Another tip when auto playing...
    Your starting pitcher will be tired when the other team has scored 4 runs, at this point, if you're behind keep giving the starting pitcher energy bars and don't swap him out. They seem to settle in after the 4 runs scored and give away very little after that.
    That's helped me win a ton of games even coming from 0-4 after 2/3 innings