Options

Greatest of All Time Bullpen

FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
I would appreciate a little advice. I play in the G.O.A.T. Division and I have what should be a good bullpen, but they all suck to high heaven. I have Uehara, Giles, Melancon, Giles, Doolittle, and Leone. All of these guys are 5 star relievers, yet they all have ERAs over 6.00. They are driving me crazy when I have to score in double figures to win most of the time, and I have Lincecum, Sabathia, Kershaw, Fernandez, and Jimenez as starters.

Comments

• Options
    Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    I'm on my 4th time through GOAT, and I've tried multiple pitchers in my bullpen, bc of all the prime batters , all relievers seem to get hit around pretty badly, I usually run with betances, Giles, Jansen and koji , and my 5th reliever is a revolving door. It's not just you, they all get blown up
  • Options
    dross1991dross1991 Registered Users 46 Posts
    Try using Danny Duffy or any pitcher with a STUFF RATING of 9. In the pen try using Mike Morin. They are both only 4* players but myself & others have had success
  • Options
    Yeah, I've that others have had success with Mike Morin and Dan Otero, but I've had both and they wound up not being the answer. All my relievers have stuff ratings of 9. I think there's probably not a whole lot that can be done when G.O.A.T. has a stacked lineup like it has.
  • Options
    Tony167 wrote: »
    I'm on my 4th time through GOAT, and I've tried multiple pitchers in my bullpen, bc of all the prime batters , all relievers seem to get hit around pretty badly, I usually run with betances, Giles, Jansen and koji , and my 5th reliever is a revolving door. It's not just you, they all get blown up

Yeah, I suppose I should be happy that I can compete with G.O.A.T. in the playoffs. Hopefully I can get to the point where I score so many runs that it won't matter. But to do that I'll need to master the art of hitting the curve ***** I'm getting. Not good at all with those.