Slugfest Event

astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
Has anyone won Giancarlo yet? I'm sure a few have... Just if you're curious on who all the guys you have to face on level 6 is and their stats.
1-Jose Abreu - 88
2-Brian Dozier - 83
3-David Ortiz - 90
4-Adam Jones - 88
5-Bryce Harper - 98
6-Manny Machado - 91
7-Anthony Rizzo - 91
8- Bryce Harper - 98
9- Mike Trout - 94
10- Paul Goldschmidt - 98

And if you're wondering, once you win... The prize gets replaced with a silver slugger pick.

Comments

• Bartolo BombsquadBartolo Bombsquad Registered Users 58 Posts
    I won him; it was actually pretty fun. I thought it was weird that you face Harper twice in Level 6.
  • Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Impressive, I can't get past level 2. I hate that the glitter falls from the top of screen when you hit a bomb, it is very distracting when trying to focus on the next pitch. Why not wait until game is completed before doing this, makes no sense to me. Perhaps it is intentional to make it more difficult IDK.
  • The GreekThe Greek Registered Users 24 Posts
    I won Gianca. I had to be extremely focused on not missing a single homer in any round. I guess it was worth it?
  • KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    When you win Level 6, does it unlock anything else? I was hoping to see some rewards that actually influence the real game, instead of stuff that only goes back into HR Derbies (especially with how bad the Prime Event rewards have been).

If you can't work your way up to winning gold or legends in the HR Derby events, I'm not going to waste my time or money.
  • FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    Bballer14 wrote: »
    Impressive, I can't get past level 2. I hate that the glitter falls from the top of screen when you hit a bomb, it is very distracting when trying to focus on the next pitch. Why not wait until game is completed before doing this, makes no sense to me. Perhaps it is intentional to make it more difficult IDK.

Annoys me as well. Distracting and unnecessary.
  • Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    FiestaRed wrote: »
    Annoys me as well. Distracting and unnecessary.

I'm being a smart ***, but why didn't they light off fireworks in center field while the players were participating in the All Star home run derby? Hmmm, I wonder.

This is either intentional to distract us (customers) or there is a total disconnect with product management/developers and consumer. It is something I might see in a Disney game/app for children.

Remove the glitter/graffiti. Total waste of developers time to include this.
  • FreezerbyrneFreezerbyrne Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    KCChamps15 wrote: »
    When you win Level 6, does it unlock anything else? I was hoping to see some rewards that actually influence the real game, instead of stuff that only goes back into HR Derbies (especially with how bad the Prime Event rewards have been).

If you can't work your way up to winning gold or legends in the HR Derby events, I'm not going to waste my time or money.

It resets to level 1 and you can earn all tiers again. Except for tier 6 which becomes a silver slugger pick.
  • Bartolo BombsquadBartolo Bombsquad Registered Users 58 Posts
    Bballer14 wrote: »

The "glitter" is whenever one of the players takes the lead from the other one, so if you get off to a big lead early you won't have to deal with it. I agree that it's annoying and sometimes causes just enough lag to throw me off.
  • YohYdoUcryYohYdoUcry Registered Users 32 Posts
    Has anyone tried to play through a second time. Wondering if the t6 would be better a 3rs time through. As with fan rewards it was a prime then a 5* then another prime.
  • YohYdoUcryYohYdoUcry Registered Users 32 Posts
    Never mind just answered my own question. It doesn't get better after the 2nd time! Still a silver pick. Worth it to know! Lol
  • astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Not the event... But in a battle, the lag between scores is annoying. It's always 1-3 pitches behind... I wonder if this is what they changed from the original derby? I didn't play it the first couple of days. But having a 5 second delay would make it easier on the servers.