Options

collection

qwas7899qwas7899 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
Before I spend gold on trying for a collection player, do you have to have that rookie/lame version on your roster upon completing requirements?
Player shows Green check next to him so thinking all is cool.

Comments

• Options
    SumadeeznutzSumadeeznutz Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    No you don't have to have him
  • Options
    SumadeeznutzSumadeeznutz Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I would advise waiting u til fan rewards start to try however it's going to take a lot of gold then at least u get something out of it......
  • Options
    GariputoGariputo Registered Users 38 Posts
    qwas7899 wrote: »
    Before I spend gold on trying for a collection player, do you have to have that rookie/lame version on your roster upon completing requirements?
    Player shows Green check next to him so thinking all is cool.

I spent the money for Kershaw, it was a huge mistake. It cost way more than I expected. Just my last 25 gold trophies took well over 20 tries.
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts
    Gariputo wrote: »
    I spent the money for Kershaw, it was a huge mistake. It cost way more than I expected. Just my last 25 gold trophies took well over 20 tries.

Do you recall about how much you spent (in total Gold) to get Kersh? I was thinking about going for Bumgarner this weekend with a little over 12k in gold to work with. Read in previous posts that it can take between 8-12k to get the collection player.
  • Options
    GariputoGariputo Registered Users 38 Posts
    ariusvideo wrote: »
    Do you recall about how much you spent (in total Gold) to get Kersh? I was thinking about going for Bumgarner this weekend with a little over 12k in gold to work with. Read in previous posts that it can take between 8-12k to get the collection player.

12k sounds about right but I honestly can't remember. I just distinctly remember thinking at the end it was a horrible idea. I got Nolan Ryan in my 6th Legends box, so that is roughly the same price.
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts
    Gariputo wrote: »
    12k sounds about right but I honestly can't remember. I just distinctly remember thinking at the end it was a horrible idea. I got Nolan Ryan in my 6th Legends box, so that is roughly the same price.

Wow! Nolan in your 6th?!?! I've read stories of people spending like 50k+ in Gold on Legend boxes to get pitchers! Definitely seems to be mixed results with those Legend boxes.
  • Options
    KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    ariusvideo wrote: »
    Wow! Nolan in your 6th?!?! I've read stories of people spending like 50k+ in Gold on Legend boxes to get pitchers! Definitely seems to be mixed results with those Legend boxes.

You're right on, it definitely has mixed results. I had been saving for a Legend SP for a while since I didn't really need the Prime players they were putting up for most of the rewards, so I went nuts this weekend...

Nolan Ryan took me about 25 tries when he was up, most of the ones I got took about 15 (including Tom Seaver), Niekro only took 2 tries... Totally hard to predict.