TSB 17 Gameplan

ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
What does Potential mean in the Batting Order?

~ Andrew
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
TSB19 - SF bay Area

Comments

• Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I believe that means that the lineup is set according to how your players would be if they were all leveled up completely. The current option means setting the lineup according to the attributes your players currently have.

In practice, this means with potential, a guy with 82 overall who's at level 2 may start over a guy with 84 overall at level 4, because the first guy has the potential to be better if you level him up. Using current, the 84 guy would start regardless because he has a higher overall.
  • ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    I do understand the intent, but compared to TSB 16's Left vs Right pitcher, seems less player controllable.  Balanced line-up with Power instead of a Top heavy ordering.  Actually, I find in TSB 16, I don't use a couple of my Spray hitters (Xander) whom hit third after getting Lead-off or 2nd speedster on base.  Who I would like to hit 3rd or Clean-up are my bigger bats / (DH). 
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I don't get why Tap doesn't let us set our lineups.  Seems like that would be intuitive for players and more enjoyable because we'd take ownership of how our team plays.  As a minor example, I have Trout but he's hitting in the two hole.  I'd much rather that he hit third with a speed guy (I have Andrus, for example) hitting second.