Videos for gold not paying

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
Last night I watched 25 videos. Normally this would yield 100 gold at 4 gold a piece but I only received 8 the math for you mathematicians don't add up. This started up last Friday and went through the weekend and this morning I did 25 more videos and yielded only 36 gold once again the math doesn't add up. Is this an issue everyone is having or am I the only lucky sucker that this is happening to while Glu and Fyber are racking up the advertisement dollars while not paying out the gold... pretty good return on investment for you guys but a monumental waste of my time. I have contacted Fyber's customer support they sent an automated response back as if I was doing offers for apps....nooo.... I'm watching videos... it's also impossible to do screenshots​ because I don't know which videos are doing it. Please bluleopard advise me seems like I'm getting the run around...They want a Fyber user id number I'm not sure how to get that either.
Prev1

Comments

• Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I never had this problem, but have had problems with ads not being available for long periods of time the past 2 days. And just now the "Free Gold" bar is gone completely...
  • ewueagsewueags Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    My button to watch videos for gold is gone suddenly. That spells disaster for my team.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    It all could be related...Anything is possible with this game... I don't know how it could go from working well to with a snap of a finger working like crap...
    Now I'm worried they just decided to not give free gold anymore, with the button totally gone like that. That would certainly be the end of me playing this game. Or they could just be fixing something...hopefully.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Ace1234NY said:
    Now I'm worried they just decided to not give free gold anymore, with the button totally gone like that. That would certainly be the end of me playing this game. Or they could just be fixing something...hopefully.

I tend to think this is intentional, given that they rolled out an update today. 

I have 14K in gold saved up (mostly from free offers), but once that is gone, my daily enjoyment of the game would be shot without videos and other free gold offers.  I definitely would not start paying for gold with real money.  I just don't have the financial wherewithal to commit hundreds of dollars to a game that other people simply hack.

I got the button back... I too would never spend real money on this game especially when they make a ton of money off of us watching ads and the pop up ads...Before I would do something like that they'd have to stop or a least slow the hackers down or even act as if they care that the hackers are ruining it for the players that don't cheat we are the ones that should be rewarded not crapped on! Next they need to bring down the prices on everything (price of gold, game money, and everything you spend gold on). Thirdly make it easier for the ones that don't cheat (since nothing ever gets done about the hackers)to get better players, there is nothing better then beating a cheater by doing it the honest way!
    Back for me too. Whew. That was a worrying hour...
    Still getting​ the waiting reward verification from advertising partners... That's all fine and good as long as I get my gold if I don't it'll be time for a one star crappy review which is a shame this game has potential despite the glaring flaws that it can't seem to shake from 2015 version to the 2016 version and to now the 2017 version. The same stupid glaring flaws that they can't seem to fix but they made the game have better graphics... it's​ like spit shining a rusty three wheeled Chevette. Doesn't it look pretty..... maybe...but does it run good and is it dependable...NOT AT ALL!
    For me, it usually says that when I click on the "watch a video" button, but then there's no video. Were you actually able to watch a video before getting that message? As of now, I haven't been able to watch a single video since before 2 EST.
    Yes I'm able to 
    I am finding that the 360 view videos are the ones that aren't paying or delayed paying I don't know hopefully the later instead of the former. All other videos seem to be paying right away...Which is crappy because most of them are the 360 videos. I don't know why one set of ads run differently than another? Can someone enlighten me?
    The confounding part to this fiasco is how come those 360 ads are able to pay out for tournament restarts, batting boosts (which they need to do away with especially since they don't have the daily and weekly leaderboards anymore there is no point to them just another way for a very very very bad team to rack up runs on a much better team) and the 6th game in a prime event but not pay out 4 gold??? 
    Well, then that is pretty crappy. I feel lucky that doesn't happen to me. Although I'm barely getting any videos at all today, which somehow must just be me, since you're getting plenty, Although they won't pay out. All weird.
    Looks as if they are saying there is a problem....maybe....sort of...we will see if anything comes of this and if this issue gets resolved in the coming days or weeks. In the meantime​ it'll be a slow go improving my team.
    Since this thread started I saw a few videos yesterday evening and a few this morning, and that's it. There are almost never any videos available anymore. When I first downloaded this game, there were videos constantly. Many times I could just watch one right after another again and again. Then for the last week, things slowed down, but I could still watch one per minute or so. Now, nothing, for hours on end. Occasionally, it will say there's a video available, but if I click it, the button flashes for a split second to no video available and then back. This happens for a few seconds until it goes to no video available and stays like that permanently. This has happened like that for a while, but if I waited a minute or so, I could always watch videos. Now they never come. It's more confusing for me b/c other ppl still seem to get videos. So it's just me? Are the videos handled by Fyber? I thought perhaps they just handled the offers. If this is a permanent thing, I probably can't continue playing without videos. You can't really get gold through actually playing, the offers don't pay out most of the time, and I'm definitely not buying gold.
    I won't buy a thing either...Ace1234NY are you running on iOS or Android because I know sometimes iOS will get double gold and Android users won't and the reverse has happened too maybe it's an iOS thing because I have an Android and I have no problems getting videos every 20-30 seconds but most particularly the 360 view videos don't pay out. Yes Fyber has the video player and Fyber is real good at the customer service unlike Glu. I created a ticket back on Friday with Glu about this situation and those clowns have yet to respond. Thank goodness they are not EMS or Firefighters or the Police because we would be in deep trouble having to depend on them!
    I'm on Android. I figured out why I had the button flashing. It's because I hadn't updated. Once I did, I now get "video loading..." instead. However, even when this comes up, eventually it changes to "no video available" and stays like that. I know in the help section it says sometimes you have to wait because videos aren't always available, but this is going on 2 days now. And only a few videos each day that came early in the morning and then not a single one all day long. Nothing like this ever happened on 16 or prior to this on 17. I feel something must be wrong. I can't play this game any longer if videos don't return.
    Ace1234ny try resetting the Google advertising id number on your device... hit it three times let me know how it works
    Wow, that worked! Ads again! You're a genius lol. Thank you so much. But on the downside, I think I may be having the same issue with VR ads (which I wasn't getting before) not paying now.
    Hey, just thought of something. Did you install Google VR Services? I used to always hit cancel when the prompt came up. But I just installed it this time and got my gold after the video was over.
    You need to get creative...Each run will net between 12 and 20 gold depending...collect enough gold for one #1 pick. Stay in bronze level where competition is easier until you have capped out all your players. #1 picks yield higher exp numbers...Try to get two a day eventually you'll hit on a 5 star player.
    I actually tend to save up to spend it all during Fan Rewards (usually on the weekends). I've been able to get Clayton Kershaw and Anthony Rizzo this way, as well as 4 and 4.5 star players on the lower tiers. You can collect a whole lot of gold with videos if you do it a lot and they actually come.
    Yeah, I'm definitely having problems with VR ads now. Same exact as you said. Even with installing Google VR Services. So that's not isolated to you. Sent a message to customer care, but...lol to that. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    Glu will say they can't do anything about it you have to email customer support at Fyber. The good is their customer support is way more attentive and they'll get back to you usually in a couple hours...If you get an automated email reply to that same email a day or two later and you'll (are you ready for this) an actual person that will respond. For an issue on the 2016 version I actually got someone on the phone. But I don't think that'll ever happen again.
    Did they get back to you again? Do you still have this problem? I sent Fyber a message this morning. Now I only get the 360 ads, so effectively I can't get any gold from ads again.
    Seems as they fixed it. I've been getting all the gold for the videos I watch even though the videos seem kind of sluggish but​ I'm not complaining
    Got a response from Fyber this morning. They announced they were giving me 9 gold. No mention of the videos and if they were fixed. A bit odd, and of course 9 gold is nowhere near what I would have gotten if the videos had paid out. But indeed I received the 9 gold, and I won't say no to gold. And the 360 video issue seems to be moot atm anyway since I'm not getting them anymore. So for now I guess that's fine. Have been having to reset my google advertising ID every couple of hours or so to keep getting ads, but I'm getting gold again, that's most important.
    Ace1234ny I think may have removed the 360 ads every once in awhile​ I'll get one but as long it's a rarity and not the norm I'm fine with it. Check out my new thread on around the horn about the hacks.
  • BURNTHEEDGES19BURNTHEEDGES19 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Have tried to reset the ad id but still no videos available for a couple days.