Fan Rewards Almost Make Stadium Worthless

slab0meatslab0meat Registered Users, Member 29 Posts

I guess it was silly to think buying the stadium early on would be worth it.  Fan rewards during the week (and this week tripled up) makes leveling up the stadium a ridiculous task for someone playing legit.

If anyone is on the fence about buying the stadium, at this stage I'd highly recommend against it.

Comments

• BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    The lack of free gold makes leveling up the stadium SUPER expensive too. So... couple EXTREMELY limited free gold, with fan rewards throughout half the week... and you have me stuck at level 2 (26 gold per day), with no real hope of getting to level 3 anytime soon.

By the time someone gets to level 10, TSB 2021 will be out!
  • StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Those stadium packs have never been worth it. Unless you just want to get rid of Ads other than that I'd stay away
    I won't say it is worthless... I mean it is gold every day and you don't have to watch endless ads, or do the Fyber crap that pays out 1 out of every 5 times. BUT... to think you will EVER get to level 10... that's just foolish thinking.
    edited May 2017
    Look at it from this angle... to go from stadium level 3 to level 4, it is 20k in gold spent on non-special event days. To buy 10k in gold, it costs $100. So... simple math tells me it would cost me $200 to go from level 3 to level 4.

As the levels increase, so will the amount of gold you'd need to spend to acquire the next level. If 3-4 is 20k... 4-5 is probably 50k... which is 30k you have to spend.

SO... you just dropped $200 to go from 3 to 4... and now they want you to spend $300 to go from 4 to 5. To get to level 10... you're looking at a few grand, to 10k-ish, spent on gold EASILY if you use simple math.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I bought the stadium for $9.99 and I've found it a worthwhile way to spend money legitimately.  I figured from the get-go that I wouldn't get past 26 gold/day (even that wasn't too easy to achieve when excluding fan rewards).  Took maybe a month, using gold earned from free offers and ads.  So that leaves about 10 months (300 days) of collecting 26 gold -- 7800 gold, plus the gold you get at the outset, plus the gold I received when I was earning 6 and 16 gold per day.  That's well worth the money if the context is how much it costs to legitimately buy gold ($100 for 10k gold).

That said, the stadium is only worth it if you play every day, will stick with the game until the next version comes out, and if you are committed to not buying gold from third parties who are hacking the game. 

• Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    you need to remove the word "almost" from the title of this thread. Stadium is worthless, but that being said, spending ANY money on this game is pointless with the exception of making one CHEAP purchase to remove the forced video ads.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • slab0meatslab0meat Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Well, to be somewhat fair, you get gold every day, so eventually you get your money's worth... but I guess it depends how you look at it.  It's just that when Fan Rewards are so frequent, it isn't good.

• StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    I look at it as pointless, most smart players save their gold to spend during the fan rewards, but surprise surprise the one place you will spend the most gold does NOT contribute towards​ your stadium upgrade. WTF? This is ABSOLUTELY criminal IMO. It feels like Glu have their middle finger up to the players, it's an easy fix make at least 25% of their gold purchases count towards their stadiums.
    I like the game... and enjoy playing it... but 2017 is a middle finger when you compare it to 2016. The reason is simple... MLB is on board and they have to pay them their money. People not playing... F-U... pay me! You had to do maintenance and so the game was down... F-U... pay me! Your servers burned to the ground and you have to buy new ones... F-U... pay me!

The game will never be the same now that you have a fat dog at the bowl eating. They have to be paid... so Glu has to raise revenue streams... which in turn means less for the players. Just like in ANY business... the cost increases ALWAYS get passed down to the customer.

BulletClub said:
    I look at it as pointless, most smart players save their gold to spend during the fan rewards, but surprise surprise the one place you will spend the most gold does NOT contribute towards​ your stadium upgrade. WTF? This is ABSOLUTELY criminal IMO. It feels like Glu have their middle finger up to the players, it's an easy fix make at least 25% of their gold purchases count towards their stadiums.