Explain Yourself Glu

weBUGyouweBUGyou Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
Please explain why I'm at bronze and my streaks are starting against silver teams. STOP HIDING IN THE CLOSET BLUELEOPARD and answer some questions. This is GARBAGE! 

Comments

• BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    The matchup is even as far as overall team strength is concerned. Theoretically... you should have about a 50-50 chance.

You are hung up on Bronze vs. Silver, and not looking at strength numbers.

With that said... I bet you still lost.
  • weBUGyouweBUGyou Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    The matchup is even as far as overall team strength is concerned. Theoretically... you should have about a 50-50 chance.

You are hung up on Bronze vs. Silver, and not looking at strength numbers.

With that said... I bet you still lost.

Strength rating doesn't matter when my categories max out at 20/20 and silver's maxes out at 40/40. There's no way these "strength ratings" are accurate. In '16, regardless of what level your team was, ALL tiers had the same opportunity to achieve the same upgrades. In '17, we don't have that option and Glu obviously hasn't compensated for this fact.. I could have the exact same team as someone at silver, but they have the option to increase their upgrades (hitting/pitching/infield hands etc.) to 40 while I'm capped out at 20. Games are expected to get harder the longer you streak, but streaking has never been this hard at the very beginning. And yes, I did lose...and I stopped playing. There's no reason to play. There really isn't.
    There is no doubt that 2017 was put out with money as the #1 priority. Not that a business shouldn't be in it to make a profit. BUT... the almighty dollar trumped everything that could be labeled as "common sense". Match-ups are EXTREMELY slanted at times, prices of items are just retarded ($70 for the single slugger they have advertised right now), HR Derby basically not working, etc.

I would just block the guy so you won't face him again, and continue to build up your team as I have done. I'm not moving beyond Gold level, tier 1, for a LONG time... like until I have all 5* players that are capped, my upgrades are maxed, AND I have a few thousand in gold/few million in cash.
    I used to block, but it's become a full time job. I'll block 20-30 in a row and new teams still pop up. The one time I finally got to a playoff team, it was two games and out...then I started getting harder matchups. Blocking isn't a viable solution this year.
    You got to figure... world wide... 500k to 1 million players easily. Even if you block 5,000 people... that is a drop in the bucket.
    This just happened to me... so you are not alone. It was my 116 overall ace, and even if I wasted 80 gold to get the 20% hitting boost, I'd still be nowhere near strong enough to beat him.

• Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    FWIW, upgrades are included in team strength. So silver or not, he probably didnt have much higher upgrades than you.
    Team strength is allegedly what counts now... level shouldn't matter. However... he could have an amazing ace, and a few capped out silver hitters, then whatever crap his team came with... which would make a huge difference. Even though the numbers are even... the player performance isn't.

Not saying that happened... I think you just lost... like we all do. Now... the picture I posted... there is no reason whatsoever a team should face an opponent 14,712 points stronger than him.

That's what a lot of my games are looking like. Still no reason streaks should start against teams that are even with or better than you. Never been that way before.