Caught stealing on a wild pitch!

SoxSox Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
I sent my runner from first, the ball is pitched and clearly up and over to the right of the screen (normal wild pitch), no throw from the catcher to second, and I'm out!  Clearly a defect. 

On another note, if there are two outs and a fly ball is hit to the outfield, why would runners stop after reaching the next base and not continue on to the next one?  Unfortunately for me, there was not a fielding error, however, this was a towering fly ball and I watched my runners stop while there was plenty of time to make it to the next base. 

Comments

• TwinsBomberTwinsBomber Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    A couple things.  The game doesn't seem to recognize the infield fly rule, but usually just results in a popout anyway.

Similar to the scenario 8m3n0ut describes, when someone hits a double to the outfield wall (or even a long single) and there is a throw to the plate, any real runner in the game would take another base.  In the real world that scenario would likely involve a cutoff man, who may hold a runner at the base they reached instead of throwing home.  I think the game is fun, and the graphics are great, but the specs for some scenarios are unrealistic.

Just an observation - the pitcher seems too involved in defensive plays - both groundouts and lineouts would usually go by him.  Most would probably be handled by infielders, but hard hits up the middle should get through more often.

One more while I'm on a roll.  I'm surprised how often the left fielder and third baseman are playing the foul line for left handed batters, and the same thing for right fielders and first basemen covering the line for right handed batters.  It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to seem weird.

Thanks for listening.  It's a great game.