Starting over with your Legend

mdivelymdively Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
With the new update out has anyone started over re-creating their legend?  I’m curious to know if you get any residual experience back when you start over or if you have to just reinvest from the beginning again. I’m regretting making my legend a 40/40 guy when I could use a stronger bat in my lineup. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JFalls0705JFalls0705 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    i've not yet, but that's because there's currently a fan reward event and i have an investment so spending gold doesn't count during the current time period. i definitely plan on re-creating my legend though because i didn't realize we were going to be able to use him in the game and made him a DH just for the hell of it. Now i have POTW Ohtani at DH and don't need my legend at all.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I made mine a DH as well and didn't really think that it mattered what you made him as since you'll get so many players during the course of this game that in the end it wouldn't really matter. I have recently been convinced that having him as a catcher is the best option as good ones are hard to come by and this was the case in 2017 as well. I just don't want to reset mine because I've spent too much XP on him already. I would suggest going for hitting power and making him a switch hitter though as it will help you a lot during Walkoff down the road.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I started mine over yesterday, but I had only leveled him up to silver 1.  I stopped leveling him up until he could be used in more than just walk-off, and I’m glad I did. 

You do do not get anything back if you reset your legend. You just simply start back at the beginning. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats good to know all, thanks for the info. I was going to reset mine but I have him at lv 5 silver already. Might hold off for now. I was going to do Houmy suggested and make him a catcher. I have J.T for now but he is only a 4 star, even though he was rated as #4 by GLU.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    If you have spent that much XP on him I would just keep him as is. You will end up getting good catchers eventually and so in the long run one player will really not make the difference but the XP you've spent on him will.

Also JT is a real decent catcher. I have the 4 star one myself and he is batting 306 which is the lowest on my roster but still damn good for a 4 star catcher. Funny thing is that he is at 100% in stolen base percentage.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Lol yea I do like him. For 500 gold I would rather save it for a POW box next week. I wonder when that green XP will be used, so far even upgrading the bonus hitting is only cash and normal xp for the moment. I can see it being used once they hit gold level.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Thats good to know all, thanks for the info. I was going to reset mine but I have him at lv 5 silver already. Might hold off for now. I was going to do Houmy suggested and make him a catcher. I have J.T for now but he is only a 4 star, even though he was rated as #4 by GLU.
    No problem. Like I said, I wouldn’t have done it if he was leveled up past there. I reset him yesterday to make him better for derby and already have him back to silver 3
  • BeforeHandBeforeHand Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    thanks houmy
  • sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    I did this and made my player a catcher. I didnt get any XP when i did this. The 500 gold to do this was worth it to me because it solidified that position for all year.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • macyanksmacyanks Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I don’t even use my legend. I always seem to have someone better to put in his position. 
    At this point in the game, if you have played from day 1, the custom legend maxing at 330 is pretty much useless anyway. I didn't even bother evolving him to gold and have had him as inactive for more than a month now.

• cclick10cclick10 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    When I created mine it didn't give me option of choosing wether he was switch hitter, batted left  or right. Is there anyway to change it?
    @cclick10 no such option. You would have to reset him and level him up again.

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I made mine at catcher and it’s the only position I still don’t have a better option at. I just went gold and I was thinking about just leveling up my created legend to gold but that blue xp gives me pause. I have zero and I don’t see where to get more. Anyone know if regular legend xp works on these players?
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Created legends, franchise coins, ice packs, energy drinks.

Throw it all in the dumpster and torch it.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I like ice wraps if I have a bonus starting pitcher.  Other than that yeah.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Energy drinks work well for bonus relievers to pitch many, many innings and rack up the points...
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Damn y’all get into bonus relievers? That’s hardcore!

My point is: see that little screen where you can buy all that stuff for like a chunk of change? Avoid it!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Bonus relievers can crush if you know how to maximize innings with them. While starters get 5-15k per strikeout, I have seen relievers at 40k or higher per strikeout. You can get 5x the amount of points from a relief pitcher if you maximize innings. They can go every game too, unlike a starter (without ice wraps).
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    the one thing you need to keep in mind with relievers to be able to maximize those bonus is to place them in RP1, RP2 or Long positions. By doing this you can replace your pitcher around the 4th - 6th innings. If using them as SM or CL you have to wait until 8-9 innings. And once you use them to replace the SP, forget about Autoplay because the computer will replace them in the next inning. You have to manual play and use energy drinks to keep them strong.
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    You can fill your entire pitching bench with low round draft pick bronze guys, put your leveled up bonus pitcher in long relief, and autoplay. 
  • bpb77bpb77 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I spent the gold to reset my legend but his position didn't change to what I set it to... he is still the same level as he was before but I lost the 500 gold 
  • bigbabeballs1313bigbabeballs1313 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I made mine a DH as well and didn't really think that it mattered what you made him as since you'll get so many players during the course of this game that in the end it wouldn't really matter. I have recently been convinced that having him as a catcher is the best option as good ones are hard to come by and this was the case in 2017 as well. I just don't want to reset mine because I've spent too much XP on him already. I would suggest going for hitting power and making him a switch hitter though as it will help you a lot during Walkoff down the road.
    good commentary and opinions as usual...