I didn’t spend money because Glu changed something from 2017

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
i understand why Glu made all the draft picks start at bronze, but when I’m gold and get an offer for Kris Bryant at a 325 max for $39.99, I stopped and thought for a minute.

i have a 3B with a max of 269. Bryant would be a good upgrade, but I’m currently getting as much XP as possible for my sluggers at gold to hopefully be able to cycle again soon to get more prime XP per week.

if Bryant started at gold 1, I would have bought him. Since he starts at bronze 1 though, I passed

Comments

• lugoexpresslugoexpress Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I feel the same. I’m pretty much stuck with my team for now. Even potw is hard for me to get because it would take so much to get to gold level that I have to ignore other things. Even the 4.5 or 5 star im getting now sit at bronze 1 for now as I’m still building what I have first.
  • lugoexpresslugoexpress Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    And the none move up level for duplicate kinda sucks.. I had a potm and had him at silver 10. Bought another box and got him but no upgrade to gold level.. but guess since everyone has to deal with it I can’t complain to much
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It’s fair across the board for sure, but it makes it hard to get a new bonus player. I can get a player of the week and move him to gold 10 every week, but the rest of my team doesn’t improve as quickly as I would like. Thai really hurts the players at the higher levels. I would have spent $40 if it was like last year
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2018
    Exactly why I hit the brakes on spending as well. Checked my Google account and somehow I had apent around $1,100 in 2017 after I joined mid June. This year I had around $400 already by the time I realized the whole bronze thing is making the game more stressful than fun. Have probably spent less than $20 in one month now.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I understand why they made this change to a degree @Houmy. But when you are constantly adding bonus players for bonus points it can get old very fast. If players from boxes and players from purchases (like the offers for $39.99) started at your level it would be greatly beneficial
  • scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    It's tough being able to get a bonus player high enough to make a meaningful impact for any of the bonuses .  I've been locking players and trying to hoard xp because the amount you get for trading in a maxed player doesn't even come close to bringing a new player up from bronze.   Feel like im going to have enough inactive 4.5 and 5 stars soon to have a farm team
  • dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Prime players are the biggest miss with this effect. Moving them through the tiers is extremely difficult and almost doesn’t seem worth it. They should have more avenues available for getting prime xp (in events) or allow for the prime players to start at a higher tier