Options

Player start level and bonus players

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
2 things I would love to see changed

1.  Have players start at the level of the team. This bronze 1 business is making this game too expensive. They really need to start at gold 1 if your team is gold. I have no use for a prime player because I have to level them up from bronze 1 and I’m gold.  Prime XP doesn’t come enough for me to level up 2 primes (I have one)

2. Some of these bonus points are getting crazy. What good does it do to have a good team, streaks of 25+, when that streak is beat by a guy with a reliever in 3 games?  I like the bonus player concept, especially on the tower events, but the players with good teams need to be rewarded more for their good teams. This game is coming down to luck more than anything else

Comments

• Options
    superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    I would be okay if we had to start at bronze like this and we can carry our team to the next version each year. Right now i am half way through gold and yeah you hit a brick wall on leveling up. even if you do get a good player they will be benched until you get level them up enough. I shutter to think when legend players come out. maybe we can hope that the did this change to allow us to move our players to next version.  
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Bigpredfan you are correct in all aspects buddy. First point, the trade in value for players compared to what you put into them is like getting a punch in the face. Especially in gold and higher tiers. As follows;

To CAP a new player from B1 to G10 - takes approx 35k XP. For myself personally, I can usually save around this amount in a given week if I don't get any new players or upgrade my current roster. Now the best part of all, I reached a point where my 5s POW was getting replaced by a new player. This 5s POW players is capped in gold 10. His trade in value is 3300 XP... How can you explain the differential between spending over 30k and only get back 3k. This is where the whole concept of starting in bronze 1 goes down the toilet. Especially when every we are either getting new boxes released or POWS, or POTM. So when we people do get a super bonus player for an event it will take them that much XP to cap, then that player is no longer useful for pts in events. So you can see the real problem here, new bonus players require lots of XP to use for 1 event , then that bonus is gone and we are left with an overall good player on your roster. Its a good trade-off right, NO..... Because as mentioned above our team is not being awarded for overall performance. So players that have 0 bonus players for an event are forced to put up points in only one way, streaking. But the pts from this are incomparable to having a bonus player for an event.

We need to have a system where player streaks are awarded greater pts for overall team performance or other statistics. Such as no hitters, steals, bunts, etc... Whatever it may be. You could have a super stacked 5 star loaded time but without a bonus player for an event you pts are noting in compared to someone who has one. It takes away from the point of building your roster to have the best team possible. This game is starting to become "who has the best super bonus" for this next event and not about overall team structure and performance.

Thats not all, as much as I was OK with the concept of starting with b1 players, its now becoming apparent that this was all done for one reason. I won't say what it is but most of you logically people will figure it out. How does using 30k XP to level up a player justify getting 3k back when you need to trade that player in. I am no math whiz but someone would please do the ratio breakdown on that. How can you ask players to spend almost 10x the value leveling up a player to only get back 1/10 of their value you put in. Its crazy.

Option 2: Stay in bronze and silver for the rest of your life, if the concept of the game is to stack up on super bonus players and save XP as much as possible then you can do so in the lower levels. The cost to CAP players is not in comparison then in gold level and higher. Prime players and XP... Everything I mentioned x2. If you get a prime player then you are lucky, if you are a gold player with one. You should be able to cap him within 6 months or so. Thats being realistic folks.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    We just had a player quit today. He said the game is too expensive and he is a VIP. How are people who aren’t VIp’s Supposed to compete if even the VIp’s Are struggling
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Unfortunately this road is leading down a path where we will see more and more long time users simply stop playing the game. As mentioned before the game is becoming more of who is luckier at getting super bonus players then overall team strength and performance. When we've already seen great players such as @houmy leave the game and play alone because of all the non-sense that this game is becoming. Its very sad to see once a great game turn into nothing but a money grabbing app that reward users based on luck. Its has gotten to the point where people are offering gift cards to users to join their clubs for specific events just to rack up points for a day or two. You could have the best team in this game but when it comes down to certain events, unless you have a bonus player to stack up the points your contribution to your club is very minimal.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    The quickest way for a company to die is to stop listening to its customers. Glu will not be around long if they don’t wake up . Most of my club is thinking of quitting for all the reasons mentioned . That’s thousands of dollars and I am sure many clubs are feeling the same way . Glu Wake up !!!! Oh btw I am not a VIP even though I should have been way back in 17 if not 16 . About to delete the app for good though . 
  • Options
    dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @Bigpredfan you are correct in all aspects buddy. First point, the trade in value for players compared to what you put into them is like getting a punch in the face. Especially in gold and higher tiers. As follows; To CAP a new player from B1 to G10 - takes approx 35k XP. For myself personally, I can usually save around this amount in a given week if I don't get any new players or upgrade my current roster. Now the best part of all, I reached a point where my 5s POW was getting replaced by a new player. This 5s POW players is capped in gold 10. His trade in value is 3300 XP... How can you explain the differential between spending over 30k and only get back 3k. This is where the whole concept of starting in bronze 1 goes down the toilet. Especially when every we are either getting new boxes released or POWS, or POTM. So when we people do get a super bonus player for an event it will take them that much XP to cap, then that player is no longer useful for pts in events. So you can see the real problem here, new bonus players require lots of XP to use for 1 event , then that bonus is gone and we are left with an overall good player on your roster. Its a good trade-off right, NO..... Because as mentioned above our team is not being awarded for overall performance. So players that have 0 bonus players for an event are forced to put up points in only one way, streaking. But the pts from this are incomparable to having a bonus player for an event. We need to have a system where player streaks are awarded greater pts for overall team performance or other statistics. Such as no hitters, steals, bunts, etc... Whatever it may be. You could have a super stacked 5 star loaded time but without a bonus player for an event you pts are noting in compared to someone who has one. It takes away from the point of building your roster to have the best team possible. This game is starting to become "who has the best super bonus" for this next event and not about overall team structure and performance. Thats not all, as much as I was OK with the concept of starting with b1 players, its now becoming apparent that this was all done for one reason. I won't say what it is but most of you logically people will figure it out. How does using 30k XP to level up a player justify getting 3k back when you need to trade that player in. I am no math whiz but someone would please do the ratio breakdown on that. How can you ask players to spend almost 10x the value leveling up a player to only get back 1/10 of their value you put in. Its crazy. Option 2: Stay in bronze and silver for the rest of your life, if the concept of the game is to stack up on super bonus players and save XP as much as possible then you can do so in the lower levels. The cost to CAP players is not in comparison then in gold level and higher. Prime players and XP... Everything I mentioned x2. If you get a prime player then you are lucky, if you are a gold player with one. You should be able to cap him within 6 months or so. Thats being realistic folks.
    On their Twitter they mentioned an update coming to prevent people from leaving their teams at lower levels and capping them and beating our higher tiered teams. 

A bit more eloquently put on their post I might add